Nancy Travis scored a double at the upfronts this week as both pilots she appeared in, the ABC comedy Last Man Standing the the CW light drama Hart of Dixie, were picked up to series. She was the female lead opposite Tim Allen in Last Man Standing and was a guest star/recurring in CW’s Hart of Dixie but was prominently featured in the clip for the medical drama screened at the CW’s upfront presentation. While regulars on series often recur on other shows, I hear that Last Man Standing producer 20th Century Fox TV wouldn’t allow Travis to recur on Dixie and her role will now be recast.
Nancy Travis To Be Recast On 'Hart Of Dixie'
What's Hot on Deadline
Billboard Music Awards Ratings Hit Low, 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Finale Rises, NBA Up With Warriors' Win
'The Expendables 4' Muscles Up: Sylvester Stallone Action Pic & 'Rambo 5' Sell To China In Eight-Figure Co-Fi Deal
Mario Batali Under Criminal Investigation By NYPD For Sexual Assault Allegations; B&B HG Sever Ties With Chef - Update
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Looks At Leakin’ Donald Trump
- ‘Peppa Pig’ & TV Content Drive Entertainment One Results But Movie Revenues Slow
- Gina Rodriguez And David Thewlis Join Pubescent Animated Comedy ‘Big Mouth’
- Inspiring Dave Annable Post Sheds Light On Agony Of Network Series Recastings
- ‘LA To Vegas’ Comedy Series Canceled By Fox After One Season
- Writer-Director Antonio Campos Signs With WME