Chris Licht, co-creator and an original executive producer of MSNBC’s Morning Joe, has been hired by CBS News as VP Programming, the network announced today. Licht will oversee programming and development for CBS News broadcasts when he begins his new gig June 6. “Chris is one of the most talented producers in this business, and it is great for CBS News that he is joining us,” CBS News chairman Jeff Fager said. “He will be a significant partner in improving our existing broadcasts and developing new ones.” Before Morning Joe, Licht was a senior producer on another MSNBC show hosted by Joe Scarborough, Scarborough Country, and later was elevated to executive producer.
'Morning Joe' Co-Creator Chris Licht Joins CBS News As VP Programming
Trending Now on Deadline
Ferguson Grand Jury Decision: CNN & Fox News Reporters Attacked On-Air; Networks Go Live To Obama Remarks Over No Indictment - Update
Nicole Kidman & Reese Witherspoon To Star In 'Big Little Lies' Limited Series, Penned By David E. Kelley
More From Team
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'
- 'Cake' Trailer: Jennifer Aniston Feels The Pain And Shows It
- Regina King To Co-Star In FX Pilot 'Pariah'; Daisy Betts Joins 'Childhood's End' On Syfy
- 'Pan' Teaser: Hugh Jackman, Rooney Mara In Peter Pan Origin Tale
- Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations 2015 – Full List