Chris Licht, co-creator and an original executive producer of MSNBC’s Morning Joe, has been hired by CBS News as VP Programming, the network announced today. Licht will oversee programming and development for CBS News broadcasts when he begins his new gig June 6. “Chris is one of the most talented producers in this business, and it is great for CBS News that he is joining us,” CBS News chairman Jeff Fager said. “He will be a significant partner in improving our existing broadcasts and developing new ones.” Before Morning Joe, Licht was a senior producer on another MSNBC show hosted by Joe Scarborough, Scarborough Country, and later was elevated to executive producer.
'Morning Joe' Co-Creator Chris Licht Joins CBS News As VP Programming
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Jeffrey Tambor Exits ‘Transparent’ After Sexual Harassment Allegations
- ‘Bored To Death’ Movie: Creator Jonathan Ames Has Two Drafts Written
- Sean Hannity Tweet-Shouts At Brian Stelter, Who’s Blocked By Bartiromo
- HBO ‘Night Of Too Many Stars’ Sees Host Jon Stewart Spar With Stephen Colbert
- Russell Simmons Accused Of Forcing Sex On Model While Brett Ratner Watched
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Steady With Host Chance The Rapper & Eminem