Chris Licht, co-creator and an original executive producer of MSNBC’s Morning Joe, has been hired by CBS News as VP Programming, the network announced today. Licht will oversee programming and development for CBS News broadcasts when he begins his new gig June 6. “Chris is one of the most talented producers in this business, and it is great for CBS News that he is joining us,” CBS News chairman Jeff Fager said. “He will be a significant partner in improving our existing broadcasts and developing new ones.” Before Morning Joe, Licht was a senior producer on another MSNBC show hosted by Joe Scarborough, Scarborough Country, and later was elevated to executive producer.
'Morning Joe' Co-Creator Chris Licht Joins CBS News As VP Programming
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest TV News
- ‘Nashville’ Adds ‘Harry Potter’ Alum Christian Coulson As Recurring
- Kwame Patterson Joins TNT Pilot ‘Monsters Of God’
- Wendi McLendon-Covey Teams With ‘The McCarthys’ Creator For ABC Hotel Comedy Based On Her Experiences
- Nielsen Set To Measure Out-Of-Home TV Viewing For First Time
- ‘Red Oaks’ Appropriately Channels The ’80s In Faux TV Promo
- Donald Trump’s Debate 3 Performance Outstrips Cubs Game To Win Social Race