EXCLUSIVE: Helmer Michael Cuesta, who directed the pilot for Showtime’s newly picked up drama Homeland, is joining the series as an executive producer. This marks the second consecutive pilot directed by Cuesta to go to series following CBS’ Blue Bloods last year. And this is the second time Cuesta is producing a series. He previously served as a co-executive producer on another Showtime drama, Dexter, whose pilot he also directed. On thriller Homeland, based on Gideon Raff’s Israeli series Prisoners of War, WME-repped Cuesta will serve as an executive producer alongside the project’s writers Howard Gordon, Raff and Alex Gansa as well as Avi Nir and Ron Telem. The series centers on Carrie Anderson (Claire Danes), a CIA officer battling her own demons who becomes convinced that the intelligence that led to the rescue of Scott Brody (Damian Lewis), a U.S. soldier who had been missing and presumed deal for nine years, was a setup and may be connected to an al-Qaida plot to be carried out on American soil. Mandy Patinkin plays a veteran CIA Division Chief who is Carrie’s boss and mentor.
Michael Cuesta Joins Showtime Series 'Homeland' As Executive Producer
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest TV News
- John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
- ‘The Talking Dead’: ‘Walking Dead’ Cast Talk Shocking Character Deaths In Rainy Live Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Premiere: Negan’s Victim Revealed In Bloody Opener
- Benedict Cumberbatch To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ November 5
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration “Should Kill” The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: “Higher Prices & Fewer Choices”…