EXCLUSIVE: Helmer Michael Cuesta, who directed the pilot for Showtime’s newly picked up drama Homeland, is joining the series as an executive producer. This marks the second consecutive pilot directed by Cuesta to go to series following CBS’ Blue Bloods last year. And this is the second time Cuesta is producing a series. He previously served as a co-executive producer on another Showtime drama, Dexter, whose pilot he also directed. On thriller Homeland, based on Gideon Raff’s Israeli series Prisoners of War, WME-repped Cuesta will serve as an executive producer alongside the project’s writers Howard Gordon, Raff and Alex Gansa as well as Avi Nir and Ron Telem. The series centers on Carrie Anderson (Claire Danes), a CIA officer battling her own demons who becomes convinced that the intelligence that led to the rescue of Scott Brody (Damian Lewis), a U.S. soldier who had been missing and presumed deal for nine years, was a setup and may be connected to an al-Qaida plot to be carried out on American soil. Mandy Patinkin plays a veteran CIA Division Chief who is Carrie’s boss and mentor.
Michael Cuesta Joins Showtime Series 'Homeland' As Executive Producer
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- ‘The Simpsons’ Looks At Donald Trump’s First 100 Days In Office
- Dish Network & Hearst TV End Blackout With New Deal
- ‘Singularity’: Amanda Lund To Star In FX Comedy Pilot
- ESPN Layoffs: Jayson Stark & Trent Dilfer Among Several Big Names Let Go By Sports Giant – Update
- ‘Downton Abbey’ Global Exhibition Set To Kick Off In June
- Vince Vaughn-Produced ‘Fearless With Tim Ferriss’ Gets Premiere Date On Audience Network