Peter and Bobby Farrelly’s 20th Century Fox comedy The Three Stooges cast continues to get more and more inspired. They’re closing in on a deal with Larry David to play Mother Mengele, the unfortunate nun who runs the orphanage where the Stooges grow up and learn to create mayhem. Setting a Jewish guy to play a nun certainly sounds like David is playing against type. I served two tours of duty in Catholic elementary schools, and now that I think of it, Larry David in a Nun’s Habit pretty much squares with my memory of how all of those teachers looked back then. David’s deal is being finished, and the Seinfeld co-creator will join Jane Lynch, who plays Mother Superior, Chris Diamantopoulos, who’s signing on to play Moe, Will Sasso, who’s playing Curly, and Sean Hayes, who signed on recently to play Larry Fine. Production begins in May. David’s repped by WME.
Larry David Joins 'Three Stooges' In Mother Mengele Role
What's Hot on Deadline
Relativity Changes Coming Fast Today -- Sports Division Head And Co-Chief Out; Ron Burkle Takes Over
Latest Film News
- Relativity Changes Coming Fast Today — Sports Division Head And Co-Chief Out; Ron Burkle Takes Over
- Edie Falco Set For Biopic ‘Megan Leavey’
- ‘Janis: Little Girl Blue’ Acquired By FilmRise For November Bow
- ‘Ray Donovan’s Liev Schreiber, Naomi Watts To Star In Chuck Wepner Underdog Ring Saga ‘The Bleeder’
- Luc Besson’s ‘Valerian’ Calling On Aspiring Artists: Another ‘Fifth Element’ Fashion Statement?
- Shout! Acquires All U.S. Rights To Arcana Studios’ H.P. Lovecraft Animated Film