Peter and Bobby Farrelly’s 20th Century Fox comedy The Three Stooges cast continues to get more and more inspired. They’re closing in on a deal with Larry David to play Mother Mengele, the unfortunate nun who runs the orphanage where the Stooges grow up and learn to create mayhem. Setting a Jewish guy to play a nun certainly sounds like David is playing against type. I served two tours of duty in Catholic elementary schools, and now that I think of it, Larry David in a Nun’s Habit pretty much squares with my memory of how all of those teachers looked back then. David’s deal is being finished, and the Seinfeld co-creator will join Jane Lynch, who plays Mother Superior, Chris Diamantopoulos, who’s signing on to play Moe, Will Sasso, who’s playing Curly, and Sean Hayes, who signed on recently to play Larry Fine. Production begins in May. David’s repped by WME.
Larry David Joins 'Three Stooges' In Mother Mengele Role
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Fargo's Noah Hawley To Adapt His Novel 'Before The Fall' In Sony Pic Deal
- Ang Lee Next Directing 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' At TriStar
- 'King Arthur' Crowns Its Guinevere
- 'Let's Be Cops' Helmer Luke Greenfield Closes Fox Deal For Next Pic
- Liam Neeson Sweet On Harlan Coben's 'Tell No One'
- Ridley Scott, Giannina Facio Acquire Faith-Based 'Embraced By The Light'