I never quite understood the appeal of Lady Gaga until I saw HBO’s Monster Ball Tour concert special from Madison Square Garden last night. It showcased her versatility as a singer, songwriter, musician, and dancer and not just another Madonna-wannabe novelty act. But her message of personal empowerment really came through loud and clear, punctuated by poignant behind-the-scenes lines like, “You know how many times I came to this arena, and now they’re opening these gates up for us?” or “I still sometimes feel like a fucking loser kid in high school,” or her description of the pushback she encountered at NYU’s Tisch School Of The Arts. A well-edited, well-directed Haus Of Gaga two hours on a pay channel I used to watch all the time and now hardly at all. Better programming, please.
Lady Gaga: Finally, Some Decent HBO TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘NCIS’: Maria Bello Joins Veteran CBS Drama As Series Regular
- Katy Perry To Host MTV Video Music Awards
- ‘The Arrangement’: Garcelle Beauvais Set To Recur In Season 2 On E!
- Donald Trump Gives Thumbs Up As ‘Fox & Friends’ & New York Times Make Nice
- Amy Sedaris Explains ‘At Home’ To Bemused TV Critics At TCA
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’: Krista Vernoff Returning As Co-Showrunner For Season 14