In what could be her final days at CBS since the company recently pulled its daytime talk show offer, Katie Couric last night appeared alongside her CBS colleague David Letterman in an elaborate skit by Stephen Colbert, which involved The Colbert Report star walking onto the stage of The Late Show in the middle of Letterman’s monologue. The skit, which involves a shared bathroom key, starts in earnest after the 1-minute mark and includes a factual inaccuracy. “This network and CBS are owned by the same company, Viacom,” Colbert said of Comedy Central. While they are under the purview of Sumner Redstone, Viacom, which owns Comedy Central, and CBS Corp., which owns CBS, formally split in 2006.
Katie Couric Does Bathroom Skit With Stephen Colbert & David Letterman
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest TV News
- Michael Shannon & Taylor Kitsch Topline Weinstein Co. Series ‘Waco’, Based On 1993 Siege
- One World Sports Network Drops Off Dish; Sides Blame Each Other
- CBS Developing New Adaptation Of UK Comedy Series ‘Friday Night Dinner’
- ABC Buys Laura Krafft Family Comedy
- Don Buchwald & Associates Expands Team With Four New Agents, Promotes Two
- ‘The Blacklist’ Adds Leon Rippy; Phylicia Rashad Joins ‘Empire’