Bert Fields announced that Joe Silver has “won Round One” against Goldman Sachs. That’s because the entertainment biz litigator says Federal Judge Ronald S. W. Lew ruled Tuesday that Silver’s multi-pronged lawsuit alleging breach of contract and fraud against the giant investment banker could go forward to trial. Ruling from the bench, Judge Lew denied Goldman’s motion to dismiss Silver’s complaint. “Obviously, we’re very pleased with Judge Lew’s decision. It’s a complex case, but he seemed to have it down cold,” Fields said in a statement. Silver is claiming Goldman Sachs stiffed him on more than $30 million from a share of revenue from his Dark Castle Films. To put the lawsuit in context, the relationship began in those financially flush days of 2007 when Wall Street was eager to invest in the movie biz. But then the financial crisis hit, and Silver sued a year ago.
Joel Silver Vs Goldman Sachs To Proceed
What's Hot on Deadline
Venice Film Festival Sets Lido Launch For Aronofsky, Clooney, Del Toro, Payne & More As Awards Buzz Begins - Full List
James Franco & Maggie Gyllenhaal 1970s Porn HBO Series 'The Deuce': It's Not Misogyny, It's Business - TCA
Netflix 'Triple Frontier' Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal In Talks
Trevor Noah Discusses Donald Trump Transgender Troop Firing With Two Army Veterans On 'The Daily Show'
Latest Film News
- NBCU’s Steve Burke Is “Skeptical” About OTT, Crows About Upfront Sales
- Venice Film Festival Sets Lido Launch For Aronofsky, Clooney, Del Toro, Payne & More As Awards Buzz Begins…
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Helps Comcast Top Q2 Earnings Expectations, Video Subs Lag
- ‘Ghost In The Shell’ Star Chin Han To Scale ‘Skyscraper’ With Dwayne Johnson
- Netflix ‘Triple Frontier’ Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal…
- Potential ‘Citizen Kane’ & ‘Cat People’ TV Series At Heart Of RKO Lawsuit