Marc de Grandpre has been named Chief Marketing Officer at IMAX Corp., where he will oversee the big-screen exhibitor’s global brand and marketing initiatives. Most recently the chief marketer for Qualcomm’s mobile commerce brand Firethorn, de Grandpre has spent the majority of his career at Red Bull North America, where he helped spearhead the launch of the energy drink in the U.S. “Marc has the business acumen, the leadership skills and the experience to help us further develop our brand and our reputation,” said IMAX CEO Richard Gelfond, to whom de Grandpre will report. “He will help us determine new paths that can tap into the emotional connection consumers have with The IMAX Experience.”
IMAX Taps Marc De Grandpre For Top Marketing Post
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2: Hot TV Trailer
- Academy Unveils Finalists For Nicholl Fellowships In Screenwriting
- Charles Manson Book 'The Family' To Become Movie With 'American Psycho' Screenwriter Penning It
- Alibaba's Big Day Shifts Focus To Yahoo
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'