EXCLUSIVE: Could Halle Berry be doing a TV series? TV industry people are buzzing this afternoon about a hot drama spec that has Halle Berry attached to star. Word is the spec, titled Higher Learning, was sent out today to pay cable networks, with HBO and Showtime among those targeted. I hear that the project, from DreamWorks TV, is eying a quick turnaround, and a decision could come as early as tomorrow. The script, which I hear would have the Oscar winner starring as a college professor, was written by 30-year industry veteran Lee Rose. A queen of TV movies in their heyday during the 1990s, Rose segued to episodic directing over the past 10 years. She also co-ran with Martha Kauffman the WB series Related.
Hot Drama Series Spec With Halle Berry Attached To Star Eyes Pay Cable Networks
What's Hot on Deadline
'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' Off To Low Ratings Start, 'Jane The Virgin' Slips In Return, 'Blindspot' Ticks Up
Latest TV News
- Jackie Earle Haley Signs With Gersh
- Joe Biden Spot Pains CNN, Which Hoped He Would Headline Tonight’s Debate
- Lena Dunham 1960s Feminism Comedy Starring Lisa Joyce Gets HBO Pilot Order
- FX’s ‘Fargo’ Ratings Cold In Return On New Night Against NFL & ESPN
- Harry Connick Jr Syndicated Daytime Variety Show Set For Fall 2016 Launch On Fox Stations
- AMC Networks Shares Hit By ‘Walking Dead’ Ratings Drop, But Is It Overkill?