History has greenlighted The Bible, a five-part, 10-hour docudrama series from Survivor executive producer Mark Burnett to air in 2013. The Bible will tell some of the best-known stories from the most popular book in human history, from Noah’s Ark and the Exodus to Daniel in the Lion’s Den to the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus. It is set to film on location and will combine live action and state-of-the-art CGI. “This series will bring the historical stories of The Bible to life for a new generation,” History president and general manager Nancy Dubuc said. Burnett, who said he had been working on the project for the past two years, is executive producing the series with his wife, former Touched By an Angel star Roma Downey, and Richard Bedser. Lightworkers Media and Hearst Entertainment & Syndication are producing.
History Greenlights 'The Bible' Docudrama Series From Producer Mark Burnett
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- ABC Nabs Medical Drama From David Marshall Grant & Vendetta As Put Pilot
- NBC Buys Conspiracy Drama From Greg Berlanti & Martin Gero
- TNT & TBS Head Of Programming Michael Wright To Depart
- Johnny Knoxville Inks First Look Deal With ABC Studios, Sells Family Comedy To ABC