History has greenlighted The Bible, a five-part, 10-hour docudrama series from Survivor executive producer Mark Burnett to air in 2013. The Bible will tell some of the best-known stories from the most popular book in human history, from Noah’s Ark and the Exodus to Daniel in the Lion’s Den to the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus. It is set to film on location and will combine live action and state-of-the-art CGI. “This series will bring the historical stories of The Bible to life for a new generation,” History president and general manager Nancy Dubuc said. Burnett, who said he had been working on the project for the past two years, is executive producing the series with his wife, former Touched By an Angel star Roma Downey, and Richard Bedser. Lightworkers Media and Hearst Entertainment & Syndication are producing.
History Greenlights 'The Bible' Docudrama Series From Producer Mark Burnett
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Adam Rothenberg To Star In ‘L.A. Crime'; Holley Fain Also Cast
- TV Pilot Locations 2015: New York Slips, Los Angeles & Vancouver Rebound
- Meta Golding, Colin Donnell, Monet Mazur Join NBC Pilot ‘Love Is A 4 Letter Word’
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings And Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'