HBO has picked up its praised New Orleans drama Treme for a third season. David Simon and Eric Overmyer’s series chronicling the life of New Orleans residents in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina was down in its second-season premiere, drawing 605,000 viewers, down from the 1.1 million who tuned in for the series premiere last year. But as HBO brass always say, ratings don’t have much weight in their renewal decisions, especially for a show like Treme that they are proud of.
HBO Renews 'Treme' For Third Season
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup