HBO has picked up its praised New Orleans drama Treme for a third season. David Simon and Eric Overmyer’s series chronicling the life of New Orleans residents in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina was down in its second-season premiere, drawing 605,000 viewers, down from the 1.1 million who tuned in for the series premiere last year. But as HBO brass always say, ratings don’t have much weight in their renewal decisions, especially for a show like Treme that they are proud of.
HBO Renews 'Treme' For Third Season
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- VH1 Orders 'T.I.& Tiny: The Family Hustle' Spinoff Series Starring Tiny & Shekinah
- ER Drama 'Code Black' From Michael Seitzman Gets CBS Put Pilot Commitment
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex