HBO has picked up its praised New Orleans drama Treme for a third season. David Simon and Eric Overmyer’s series chronicling the life of New Orleans residents in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina was down in its second-season premiere, drawing 605,000 viewers, down from the 1.1 million who tuned in for the series premiere last year. But as HBO brass always say, ratings don’t have much weight in their renewal decisions, especially for a show like Treme that they are proud of.
HBO Renews 'Treme' For Third Season
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Warner Bros New Digital Unit Unveils Name & Slate: Mortal Combat & Static Shock Series; Akiva Goldsman Project
- 'Faking It' Gets Order For 10 More Episodes From MTV
- Christian Slater To Star In USA Pilot 'Mr. Robot'
- IFC Ups Christine Lubrano To SVP Original Programming, Hires Development Execs
- Resolution Agent Ian Greenstein Joins Gersh
- Pop Picks Up Eugene Levy Comedy 'Schitt's Creek' As First Original Scripted Series