In a rare venturing into unscripted series, HBO has picked up filmmaker Peter Berg’s primetime reality series On Freddie Roach. The series, which has been given a six-episode order for a debut in early 2012, is being directed by Berg. In a cinéma-vérité style, it follows famous boxing trainer Roach, who owns and operates the famed Wildcard Boxing Club in Hollywood that has produced a host of world champions. The cameras will chronicle Roach’s work with young boxers, the continuous stream of celebrity visitors to his gym as well as Roach’s new role with USA Boxing and his fight against Parkinson’s disease. Berg is executive prodcuing with Jim Lampley, Sarah Aubrey and Michael Price. Film 44 and Atticus Entertainment are producing.
HBO Greenlights Peter Berg Reality Series About Boxing Trainer Freddie Roach
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- ‘Nashville’ Gets Midseason Return & Series Finale Dates On CMT; New Characters Added – Watch Promo
- ‘Abby’s’: Natalie Morales To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot
- Stephen Colbert Lampoons Marco Rubio’s Remarks At CNN Gun Violence Town Hall
- ‘In Between Lives’: Harriet Dyer To Topline NBC Clairvoyance Crime Drama Pilot
- Hollywood Activists Join In Pressuring Amazon To Drop NRA TV From Streaming Service
- Television Academy Revises Its Code of Conduct For #MeToo Era