In a rare venturing into unscripted series, HBO has picked up filmmaker Peter Berg’s primetime reality series On Freddie Roach. The series, which has been given a six-episode order for a debut in early 2012, is being directed by Berg. In a cinéma-vérité style, it follows famous boxing trainer Roach, who owns and operates the famed Wildcard Boxing Club in Hollywood that has produced a host of world champions. The cameras will chronicle Roach’s work with young boxers, the continuous stream of celebrity visitors to his gym as well as Roach’s new role with USA Boxing and his fight against Parkinson’s disease. Berg is executive prodcuing with Jim Lampley, Sarah Aubrey and Michael Price. Film 44 and Atticus Entertainment are producing.
HBO Greenlights Peter Berg Reality Series About Boxing Trainer Freddie Roach
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'