In a rare venturing into unscripted series, HBO has picked up filmmaker Peter Berg’s primetime reality series On Freddie Roach. The series, which has been given a six-episode order for a debut in early 2012, is being directed by Berg. In a cinéma-vérité style, it follows famous boxing trainer Roach, who owns and operates the famed Wildcard Boxing Club in Hollywood that has produced a host of world champions. The cameras will chronicle Roach’s work with young boxers, the continuous stream of celebrity visitors to his gym as well as Roach’s new role with USA Boxing and his fight against Parkinson’s disease. Berg is executive prodcuing with Jim Lampley, Sarah Aubrey and Michael Price. Film 44 and Atticus Entertainment are producing.
HBO Greenlights Peter Berg Reality Series About Boxing Trainer Freddie Roach
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'
- Stephen Hill Upped To BET President Of Programming