Several eagle-eyed viewers today alerted us to a muted line on last night’s episode of the midseason ABC comedy Happy Endings. Just like Monday’s Chuck, which included a reference to the decade-long hunt for Osama bin Laden a day after his surprising killing, Happy Endings too had a bin Laden-related joke that was rendered outdated by his death. The joke was left in, but producers tried to mitigate the timing problem by muting the audio on the punchline. In the scene, Dave (Zachary Knighton) and his ex Alex (Elisha Cuthbert) talk about trying to trap a mouse on the loose. “It’s been like, four days, I can’t believe you haven’t caught this mouse yet,” Alex said. Replied Dave, “I know, he’s like my bin Laden. Jessica bin Laden, this super hot Arab girl I went to college with,” followed by a pause. What was the original line that was supposed to go there? “The one that got away.”
'Happy Endings' Silences Bin Laden Joke
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate