After ABC, NBC and CBS dropped their Sunday movie franchises several years ago, the only vestige of the old glory days of TV movies on broadcast was Hallmark Hall of Fame on CBS. That now is gone too as CBS has opted not to renew its deal with Hallmark that included three movies a season for the past 16 years. There was no chance CBS would continue the once-prestigious showcase that now drags down its Sunday averages. The most recent (and now last) Hallmark Hall of Fame movie on CBS, Beyond the Blackboard, managed a meager 1.3/3 in adults 18-49 two weeks ago. “This is a partnership that has served CBS very well for many years,” CBS said in a statement. “Hallmark Hall of Fame is a first-class organization, and we wish them nothing but success in their future.”
'Hallmark Hall Of Fame' Ends On CBS
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'