Guillermo del Toro has been announced as Guest Director of the 2011 Los Angeles Film Festival, which is set to run June 16-26 in downtown LA. The world premiere of FilmDistrict’s Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark, co-written by del Toro and Matthew Robbins and directed by Troy Nixey, will be the closing-night film; Dark, a horror film that stars Katie Holmes and Guy Pearce, will be released domestically on Aug. 26. The festival also said it will host a special screening of Warner Bros’ Green Lantern on June 16.
Guillermo Del Toro Tapped As Guest Director Of LA Film Festival
What's Hot on Deadline
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Film News
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Gets Going With $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency