Guillermo del Toro has been announced as Guest Director of the 2011 Los Angeles Film Festival, which is set to run June 16-26 in downtown LA. The world premiere of FilmDistrict’s Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark, co-written by del Toro and Matthew Robbins and directed by Troy Nixey, will be the closing-night film; Dark, a horror film that stars Katie Holmes and Guy Pearce, will be released domestically on Aug. 26. The festival also said it will host a special screening of Warner Bros’ Green Lantern on June 16.
Guillermo Del Toro Tapped As Guest Director Of LA Film Festival
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Steven Weber To Guest Star On Showtime's 'House Of Lies'
- Discovery Life Channel Sets 'The Mistress' Series
- ITV Accused Of Unfair Labor Practices By WGA East
- 'CNN Original' Roger Strauss Retires; Directed Tiananmen Square Live Coverage
- Ellen Barkin To Guest Star In Showtime's 'Happyish' Pilot
- Brenton Thwaites Boards 'Pirates 5′ Ship For Disney