Guillermo del Toro has been announced as Guest Director of the 2011 Los Angeles Film Festival, which is set to run June 16-26 in downtown LA. The world premiere of FilmDistrict’s Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark, co-written by del Toro and Matthew Robbins and directed by Troy Nixey, will be the closing-night film; Dark, a horror film that stars Katie Holmes and Guy Pearce, will be released domestically on Aug. 26. The festival also said it will host a special screening of Warner Bros’ Green Lantern on June 16.
Guillermo Del Toro Tapped As Guest Director Of LA Film Festival
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ellen DeGeneres Clocks Biggest Opening Week Yet For Her Daytime Talk Show
- J.J. Abrams To Receive VES Society's Visionary Award
- Elisabeth Moss Joins Cast Of 'Truth', Pic Based On Rathergate Scandal
- Broad Green Finds 'Eden', Music Box Jams With 'Mekons'
- Riley Keough To Topline Steven Soderbergh's 'The Girlfriend Experience' On Starz
- 'Fishing Without Nets' Trailer: Somali Pirate Drama