Fox is taking a page from CBS’ playbook, going with a standout performer on a hit comedy series as the host of the Primetime Emmy Awards. After How I Met Your Mother co-star Neil Patrick Harris garnered rave reviews as Emmy host of the CBS-carried ceremony, I hear that Fox has zeroed in on Glee co-star Jane Lynch for emcee duties this year. Under the recently signed new eight-year deal between the Big 4 broadcast networks and the TV Academy, the Emmy Awards will air on Fox this September, with Mark Burnett executive producing. Lynch already did a good job for Fox hosting the network’s upfront presentations for the past two years as her Glee character Sue Sylvester. With her background as an actress/comedian and singer, Lynch had emerged as a top choice for the hosting gig. Other Fox personalities that reportedly had been considered include Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane, who has hosted roasts and can sing too, but he would’ve probably kept network censors with their fingers ready on the mute button every time he speaks. The obvious Fox choice, previous Emmy host Ryan Seacrest, may have been too awkward as he embodies Fox’s reality juggernaut American Idol and the Emmys will air just as Fox will be launching its new singing series, Simon Cowell’s X Factor. The TV Academy’s board of governors is meeting tomorrow night and may approve the new host of the Emmy ceremony then.
'Glee' Star Jane Lynch Is The Top Choice To Host The Emmy Awards
What's Hot on Deadline
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
Latest Awardsline News
- GLAAD Media Awards Nominees: ‘Call Me By Your Name’, ‘Lady Bird’, ‘This Is Us’ Among…
- PGA Finalizes List Of Eligible Producers For Its TV & Docu Nominees – Update
- Publicist Awards Nominations: ‘Get Out’, ‘Wonder Woman’, ‘Feud’ On List
- Liz Hannah & Josh Singer To Receive WGA West's Paul Selvin Award For ‘The Post’
- Gina Rodriguez Outfitted To Host Costume Designers Guild Awards; Career Honorees Set
- Angelina Jolie To Receive ASC’s Board Of Governors Award