Cougar Town co-executive producers Chrissy Pietrosh and Jessica Goldstein have signed their first overall deal, a two-year pact with the series’ producer ABC Studios. Under the deal, the two will continue to work on Bill Lawrence’s comedy series starring Courteney Cox, which was given an early renewal in January. Additionally the duo will develop new projects. This season, they wrote the script Besties for ABC Studios and the Mark Gordon Co, which was in serious contention for a pilot pickup at ABC. ICM-repped Pietrosh and Goldstein’s previous series credits include My Name Is Earl and ABC’s Big Day. While female comedy writing teams are a rare species in TV, ABC seems to be the most receptive to such duos. The network’s solid comedy series The Middle hails from WBTV-based creators/showrunners Eileen Heisler and DeAnn Heline. And ABC Studios this spring signed a rich overall deal with the recently partnered Jen Crittenden and Gabrielle Allan, who are running the ABC pilot Bad Mom.
GAL POWER: ABC Studios Inks Overall Deal With 'Cougar Town' Co-Exec Producers
What's Hot on Deadline
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $59M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
BAFTA Awards: 'Three Billboards' Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods - The Complete Winners List
Latest TV News
- ‘Andi Mack’ Renewed For Third Season On Disney Channel
- David Attenborough’s New Wildlife Series Leads BBC Showcase Deals
- Fergie’s National Anthem Performance Panned At NBA’S All-Star Game
- BBC Studios Scores Non-Scripted Orders From Viacom’s C5 – BBC Showcase
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Exec Producer Frank Doelger Launches Drama Firm
- Donald Trump Taunts Oprah At End Of Manic Weekend Of Tweets And TV News Watching