Cougar Town co-executive producers Chrissy Pietrosh and Jessica Goldstein have signed their first overall deal, a two-year pact with the series’ producer ABC Studios. Under the deal, the two will continue to work on Bill Lawrence’s comedy series starring Courteney Cox, which was given an early renewal in January. Additionally the duo will develop new projects. This season, they wrote the script Besties for ABC Studios and the Mark Gordon Co, which was in serious contention for a pilot pickup at ABC. ICM-repped Pietrosh and Goldstein’s previous series credits include My Name Is Earl and ABC’s Big Day. While female comedy writing teams are a rare species in TV, ABC seems to be the most receptive to such duos. The network’s solid comedy series The Middle hails from WBTV-based creators/showrunners Eileen Heisler and DeAnn Heline. And ABC Studios this spring signed a rich overall deal with the recently partnered Jen Crittenden and Gabrielle Allan, who are running the ABC pilot Bad Mom.
GAL POWER: ABC Studios Inks Overall Deal With 'Cougar Town' Co-Exec Producers
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21
- ABC Developing True Crime Procedural Set Throughout Los Angeles History