Cougar Town co-executive producers Chrissy Pietrosh and Jessica Goldstein have signed their first overall deal, a two-year pact with the series’ producer ABC Studios. Under the deal, the two will continue to work on Bill Lawrence’s comedy series starring Courteney Cox, which was given an early renewal in January. Additionally the duo will develop new projects. This season, they wrote the script Besties for ABC Studios and the Mark Gordon Co, which was in serious contention for a pilot pickup at ABC. ICM-repped Pietrosh and Goldstein’s previous series credits include My Name Is Earl and ABC’s Big Day. While female comedy writing teams are a rare species in TV, ABC seems to be the most receptive to such duos. The network’s solid comedy series The Middle hails from WBTV-based creators/showrunners Eileen Heisler and DeAnn Heline. And ABC Studios this spring signed a rich overall deal with the recently partnered Jen Crittenden and Gabrielle Allan, who are running the ABC pilot Bad Mom.
GAL POWER: ABC Studios Inks Overall Deal With 'Cougar Town' Co-Exec Producers
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Seduces, 'The Circle' Broken By D+ CinemaScore, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty As 'Furious' Leads Listless Weekend
Latest TV News
- Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents Dinner Serves Trump Roast
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD
- Will Ferrell Brings His George W. Bush To Samantha Bee’s Press Bash
- Climate March: Leo DiCaprio, Jane Fonda, Jared Leto Among Hollywood Voices