Cougar Town co-executive producers Chrissy Pietrosh and Jessica Goldstein have signed their first overall deal, a two-year pact with the series’ producer ABC Studios. Under the deal, the two will continue to work on Bill Lawrence’s comedy series starring Courteney Cox, which was given an early renewal in January. Additionally the duo will develop new projects. This season, they wrote the script Besties for ABC Studios and the Mark Gordon Co, which was in serious contention for a pilot pickup at ABC. ICM-repped Pietrosh and Goldstein’s previous series credits include My Name Is Earl and ABC’s Big Day. While female comedy writing teams are a rare species in TV, ABC seems to be the most receptive to such duos. The network’s solid comedy series The Middle hails from WBTV-based creators/showrunners Eileen Heisler and DeAnn Heline. And ABC Studios this spring signed a rich overall deal with the recently partnered Jen Crittenden and Gabrielle Allan, who are running the ABC pilot Bad Mom.
GAL POWER: ABC Studios Inks Overall Deal With 'Cougar Town' Co-Exec Producers
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
'Martian' 2nd-Best Opening For October, Damon & Scott Despite Losing Fuel Sunday; Verdi Trips 'Walk' - B.O. Postmortem
'Collateral Beauty' Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon Exits Project Over Creative Differences With Studio
Latest TV News
- ‘Gotham’ EP On Tonight’s Joker Origin Shocker & Honoring The Batman Legacy
- Roger Bart Joins ‘Graves’ On Epix; Tembi Locke In USA Pilot ‘Shooter’
- Harvey Weinstein & BBC Debut ‘War And Peace’ Footage, Talk Future Collaborations – Mipcom
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Nancy Drew Drama Series In Works At CBS
- Endemol Shine CEO Defends TV Business: “We Have Never Had It So Good” – Mipcom