George Lucas gave a long-winded explanation of why the re-release of the Star Wars prequel trilogy will be important, in an interview with G4’s Attack of the Show. Personally, I was underwhelmed by the prequel and am not as sparked up for a 3D conversion as I would if The Lord of the Rings were being converted. But Lucas dropped a nugget that will have Star Wars fans salivating. He said that on his planned Star Wars TV series, he’s got 50 completed scripts that are ready to go, if they can just find a way to chop down the cost of shooting them. That’s a lot of Star Wars, and Lucas seems determined to find a way to get them done. Here’s the interview, and you might also notice that Lucas does the chat with Disney Imagineering’s Tom Fitzgerald. He must be a silent partner in this operation, because Lucas doesn’t even let him get a word in:
George Lucas Has 50 Hours Of Scripts For 'Star Wars' Series
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Hot Red Band Trailer: 'Nightcrawler'
- Warner Bros To Remake 'Who Am I'; Pic Is German Box Office Sensation
- Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor Joining DC Comics Pic 'Suicide Squad'?
- 'Act Of Killing' Helmer Joshua Oppenheimer Signs With UTA
- Sebastian Stan Joins 'The Martian' And 'Ricki And The Flash'
- Chiwetel Ejiofor Lands On 'The Martian'