Eight months after Denis Leary and Jim Serpico’s New York-based film and TV production company Apostle launched a management division with the hire of veteran New York-based comedy representative Conan Smith, Apostle Management is opening a West Coast office in Los Angeles with the appointment of lit manager George Heller from Principato-Young. Apostle Management was created to work with writer/director/stand-up comedians out of New York. Clients Joe DeRosa and Robert Kelly, along with 3 Arts-repped actor-comedian Billy Burr, recently debuted their short film, Cheat, at the Tribeca Film Festival, leading to them selling a book to Simon and Schuster and a half-hour series project to FX, which Apostle will produce. Heller’s clients include feature writer Johnny Rosenthal, directors Rob Epstein & Jeff Friedman, TV writer Vic Levin, novelist Sascha Rothchild, and commercial director Bryan Buckley. He also manages writer-director Gavin Wiesen whose Sundance film The Art of Getting By is being released by Fox Searchlight next month.
George Heller Joins Apostle Management
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Latest TV News
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’
- Brenda Buttner Dies: Fox News ‘Bulls And Bears’ Host Was 55
- Judd Apatow Roasts Donald Trump In Stand-up Routine: “I Feel Like I’ve Just Been Raped”
- Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos ‘Dangerous’ Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up…
- SAG-AFTRA Disputes Trump's Claim That News Media Is "Enemy Of The American People"
- Donald Trump Recruits H.R. McMaster As National Security Adviser