Eight months after Denis Leary and Jim Serpico’s New York-based film and TV production company Apostle launched a management division with the hire of veteran New York-based comedy representative Conan Smith, Apostle Management is opening a West Coast office in Los Angeles with the appointment of lit manager George Heller from Principato-Young. Apostle Management was created to work with writer/director/stand-up comedians out of New York. Clients Joe DeRosa and Robert Kelly, along with 3 Arts-repped actor-comedian Billy Burr, recently debuted their short film, Cheat, at the Tribeca Film Festival, leading to them selling a book to Simon and Schuster and a half-hour series project to FX, which Apostle will produce. Heller’s clients include feature writer Johnny Rosenthal, directors Rob Epstein & Jeff Friedman, TV writer Vic Levin, novelist Sascha Rothchild, and commercial director Bryan Buckley. He also manages writer-director Gavin Wiesen whose Sundance film The Art of Getting By is being released by Fox Searchlight next month.
George Heller Joins Apostle Management
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine's Show Only Because He Is Fan, "Plain And Simple"
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Latest TV News
- Pilot Season 2017: Network Ownership & In-Season Stacking Rights Cast Shadow
- ‘Big Little Lies’ Notches Another Series High As It Nears April 2 Finale
- Miles Teller To Star In Nicolas Winding Refn’s Amazon Series ‘Too Old To Die Young’
- WGA Members Still Paying For Last Strike
- ‘Westworld’: Louis Herthum Upped To Series Regular For Season 2 On HBO
- ‘True Detective’: David Milch In Talks To Join Nic Pizzolatto For Potential Season 3 On HBO