Eight months after Denis Leary and Jim Serpico’s New York-based film and TV production company Apostle launched a management division with the hire of veteran New York-based comedy representative Conan Smith, Apostle Management is opening a West Coast office in Los Angeles with the appointment of lit manager George Heller from Principato-Young. Apostle Management was created to work with writer/director/stand-up comedians out of New York. Clients Joe DeRosa and Robert Kelly, along with 3 Arts-repped actor-comedian Billy Burr, recently debuted their short film, Cheat, at the Tribeca Film Festival, leading to them selling a book to Simon and Schuster and a half-hour series project to FX, which Apostle will produce. Heller’s clients include feature writer Johnny Rosenthal, directors Rob Epstein & Jeff Friedman, TV writer Vic Levin, novelist Sascha Rothchild, and commercial director Bryan Buckley. He also manages writer-director Gavin Wiesen whose Sundance film The Art of Getting By is being released by Fox Searchlight next month.
George Heller Joins Apostle Management
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Fast & Furious' Animated Series Set At Netflix Based On Universal Movies As Deal With DreamWorks Animation TV Expands
Latest TV News
- ‘Mayans MC’: Tony Plana Set To Recur In FX's 'Sons Of Anarchy' Spinoff
- ‘Harlots’ Gets Season 2 Premiere Date On Hulu
- ‘Westworld’ Season 2 Premiere Ratings Steady With Series Debut
- Joan Konner Dies: Award-Winning TV Producer, Columbia School Of Journalism Dean Was 87
- NBA Star Stephen Curry Inks Film & TV Deal With Sony
- White House Mum On Possible Michael Cohen Pardon, EPA Chief Scott Pruitt Fate