FX has landed the TV rights to The Hangover Part II on the heels of the movie shattering comedy box office records this past weekend. The Warner Bros/Legendary Pictures sequel posted the biggest three-day weekend comedy debut ever, $85 million, beating The Simpsons Movie‘s $74 million. And, with a five-day cume of $138 million, it shattered all R-rated comedy records, both weekend and even first-week numbers for Sex And The City. Hangover II will be available to FX in late 2013-early 2014. FX won the rights for the movie over Warner Bros sibling Turner. Proving how far Hangover has come, the first movie was sold to TNT and TBS as part of a 13-title Warner Bros package in May 2009, before the comedy premiered and became that summer’s biggest sleeper hit. Now the sequel is the main attraction and is expected to fetch at least $24 million from the sale to FX. This is the latest No. 1 movie this year to land at FX. The network also has Disney’s Tron: Legacy, Sony’s The Green Hornet, Screen Gems’ The Roommate, Sony’s Just Go With It, Paramount’s animated Rango, Sony’s Battle: Los Angeles and Marvel’s Thor, as well as DreamWorks Animation’s Kung Fu Panda, which opened at No. 2 behind Hangover II this past weekend.
FX Nabs TV Rights To 'Hangover Part II'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly Victim Of "Orchestrated Campaign" Fox News Says As He Responds To One Of New Reports – Update
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
More From Andreeva
- Stark Sands To Star In ‘Minority Report’
- Jack Davenport To Co-Star In HBO’s Sarah Silverman Pilot; Kerri Kenney Also Cast
- Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
- Alison Pill Cast In Jenna Bans ABC Pilot
- Meagan Good To Star In ‘Minority Report’ Fox Pilot
- Will Kemp & Connie Nielsen To Co-Star In NBC Pilot ‘Unveiled’