EXCLUSIVE: Graham King’s GK-tv and Gale Anne Hurd’s Valhalla Entertainment have partnered with FX Prods and Fox International Channels to co-produce hourlong period drama series Port Royal. The project, based on the original idea by Hurd, will be developed for FX in the U.S. and Fox’s international channels abroad. GK-tv and Valhalla first unveiled Port Royal at last month’s MIPTV, drawing interest from multiple suitors before teaming with FIC and FX, “a network that never shies away from provocative storytelling, which is ideally suited to the decadent and dangerous world of Port Royal,” GK-tv president Craig Cegielski said. Port Royal reunites The Walking Dead executive producer Hurd with FIC, which distributes internationally the hit AMC series. Set in the late 17th century on the island of Jamaica, Port Royal chronicles the namesake port’s notorious rise as the “richest and wickedest city” in the new world, and as a self-governing safe haven for cutthroat pirates, corrupt politicians and ruthless merchants. Executive produing the project are Hurd and GK-tv’s Graham King, Tim Headington and Cegielski.
FX & Fox Int'l Channels Team With GK-TV & Valhalla For Pirate Drama 'Port Royal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
Paramount Gets China Infusion: $1 Billion, 3-Year Slate Co-Financing Deal With Shanghai Film Group & Huahua Media
'A Dog's Purpose' Producer "Horrified" Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott Of Film
Latest International News
- Prescience Rebrands To Hindsight, Restructures Management
- Lennie James’ ‘Gone’ Heads To Sky Atlantic; ‘The Tunnel: Vengeance’ Returns For Final Series
- Pinewood Atlanta, Georgia Film Academy To Host Sundance Event For Indie Talent
- Content Media Boards Sundance Doc ‘Cries From Syria’
- Brazilian Filmmaker Kleber Mendonca Filho Inks With ICM Partners
- Paramount Gets China Infusion: $1 Billion, 3-Year Slate Co-Financing Deal With Shanghai Film Group & Huahua Media