EXCLUSIVE: Graham King’s GK-tv and Gale Anne Hurd’s Valhalla Entertainment have partnered with FX Prods and Fox International Channels to co-produce hourlong period drama series Port Royal. The project, based on the original idea by Hurd, will be developed for FX in the U.S. and Fox’s international channels abroad. GK-tv and Valhalla first unveiled Port Royal at last month’s MIPTV, drawing interest from multiple suitors before teaming with FIC and FX, “a network that never shies away from provocative storytelling, which is ideally suited to the decadent and dangerous world of Port Royal,” GK-tv president Craig Cegielski said. Port Royal reunites The Walking Dead executive producer Hurd with FIC, which distributes internationally the hit AMC series. Set in the late 17th century on the island of Jamaica, Port Royal chronicles the namesake port’s notorious rise as the “richest and wickedest city” in the new world, and as a self-governing safe haven for cutthroat pirates, corrupt politicians and ruthless merchants. Executive produing the project are Hurd and GK-tv’s Graham King, Tim Headington and Cegielski.
FX & Fox Int'l Channels Team With GK-TV & Valhalla For Pirate Drama 'Port Royal'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Rises To $199M Overseas, $267M+ Global Bow - International Box Office
Latest International News
- Russell Brand To Speak At Edinburgh TV Fest; Discovery & Atari Launch New Game Show – Global Briefs
- Netflix’s ‘Bojack Horseman’ Bucked Off China’s iQiyi Streaming Service – Report
- Donald Trump Celebrates Resignation Of CNN Journalists Over Retracted Russia Report
- Fox’s Sky Acquisition Receives Blessing Of Ireland’s Communications Minister
- Google Hit With Record-Breaking $2.7B Antitrust Fine From EU
- Hollywood Auditing China Box Office In First Look At Middle Kingdom Books