EXCLUSIVE: Graham King’s GK-tv and Gale Anne Hurd’s Valhalla Entertainment have partnered with FX Prods and Fox International Channels to co-produce hourlong period drama series Port Royal. The project, based on the original idea by Hurd, will be developed for FX in the U.S. and Fox’s international channels abroad. GK-tv and Valhalla first unveiled Port Royal at last month’s MIPTV, drawing interest from multiple suitors before teaming with FIC and FX, “a network that never shies away from provocative storytelling, which is ideally suited to the decadent and dangerous world of Port Royal,” GK-tv president Craig Cegielski said. Port Royal reunites The Walking Dead executive producer Hurd with FIC, which distributes internationally the hit AMC series. Set in the late 17th century on the island of Jamaica, Port Royal chronicles the namesake port’s notorious rise as the “richest and wickedest city” in the new world, and as a self-governing safe haven for cutthroat pirates, corrupt politicians and ruthless merchants. Executive produing the project are Hurd and GK-tv’s Graham King, Tim Headington and Cegielski.
FX & Fox Int'l Channels Team With GK-TV & Valhalla For Pirate Drama 'Port Royal'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Martian' Still Frying 'Pan' At The Weekend B.O.; 'Steve Jobs' Posting Best Theater Average This Year - Late Night Update
Latest International News
- Christopher Nolan Mum On New Project At London Film Festival Talk
- Lionsgate & iQIYI Ink China Streaming Pact; Film Movement Hearts Korea’s ‘My Love, Don’t Cross That River’…
- Mipcom: Market Abuzz With Drama As Spotlight Shifts From Non-Scripted
- Timothy Spall And Colm Meaney In ‘The Journey’: First Look
- Green-Light Launches International Sales Arm Led By Christian De Gallegos – AFM
- Oscars: Academy Finalizes Foreign-Language Film Contenders