EXCLUSIVE: Graham King’s GK-tv and Gale Anne Hurd’s Valhalla Entertainment have partnered with FX Prods and Fox International Channels to co-produce hourlong period drama series Port Royal. The project, based on the original idea by Hurd, will be developed for FX in the U.S. and Fox’s international channels abroad. GK-tv and Valhalla first unveiled Port Royal at last month’s MIPTV, drawing interest from multiple suitors before teaming with FIC and FX, “a network that never shies away from provocative storytelling, which is ideally suited to the decadent and dangerous world of Port Royal,” GK-tv president Craig Cegielski said. Port Royal reunites The Walking Dead executive producer Hurd with FIC, which distributes internationally the hit AMC series. Set in the late 17th century on the island of Jamaica, Port Royal chronicles the namesake port’s notorious rise as the “richest and wickedest city” in the new world, and as a self-governing safe haven for cutthroat pirates, corrupt politicians and ruthless merchants. Executive produing the project are Hurd and GK-tv’s Graham King, Tim Headington and Cegielski.
FX & Fox Int'l Channels Team With GK-TV & Valhalla For Pirate Drama 'Port Royal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest International News
- ‘LoveTrue’ & ‘Bombay Beach’ Director Alma Har’el Signs With WME
- ‘Inferno’ Fires Up $100M+ At International Box Office
- Voltage Pictures Handling Foreign On Tupac Shakur Biopic ‘All Eyez On Me’ – AFM
- ‘Doctor Strange’ To Cast Spell Over International Box Office – Weekend Preview
- Nat Wolff & Alexander Skarsgård Join Feature Adaptation Of War Doc ‘The Kill Team’
- IM Global Boards Drake Doremus’ Love Story ‘Zoe,’ Starring Charlie Hunnam & Léa Seydoux