EXCLUSIVE: British actor Rod Hallett, best known for his co-starring role on Showtime’s The Tudors, has landed the new series regular role on Fox’s upcoming drama series Terra Nova. On the fantasy drama, an ordinary family — Jim Shannon (Jason O’Mara), his wife Elisabeth (Shelley Conn) and their kids — go on a journey back in time to prehistoric Earth as a small part of a daring experiment to save the human race. Hallett will play the charming and confident Dr. Malcolm Wallace, who becomes Jim’s nemesis as they rival for Elisabeth’s affection. Executive produced by Steven Spielberg and Peter Chernin, Terra Nova is slated to launch this fall in the Monday 8 PM slot. Hallett, repped by Luber Roklin and Curtis Brown in London, played Sir Richard Rich on The Tudors and just tested for the Dimension/Timur Bekmambetov feature Apollo 18.
Fox's 'Terra Nova' Adds New Series Regular
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'