Can Breaking In come back from the dead a second time? Well, it is possible. I hear that Fox may reconsider the bombshell Tuesday night cancellation of the midseason comedy starring Christian Slater and Bret Harrison. Fox is in discussions with Breaking In producer Sony Pictures TV about possible ways to bring the show back next season, though no decision is expected to be made until after the upfronts next week. If it comes back from a second cancellation, Breaking In will become an instant TV legend, joining Family Guy as the only shows ever to do it twice. (Coincidentally, both are Fox series.) For those who don’t know the back story, Breaking In was Fox’s highest-testing pilot last season, but the network ended up passing on it last May, instead giving series orders to Raising Hope, Running Wilde and Traffic Light. Sony TV didn’t give up, extending the options on the cast when they expired. Fox proceeded to order additional scripts and eventually picked up the show to series in November. Breaking In debuted strong, with the premiere ranking as the highest-rated Fox live-action comedy telecast in over three years with the best lead-in retention for a sitcom airing after American Idol in four years. The series, created by Adam Goldberg and Seth Gordon, subsequently slipped but remained consistent and, with such a short midseason run, was considered almost a lock for a second tryout next season.
Fox's 'Breaking In' To Get Another Chance?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Roy Wood Jr. To Star In Parole Officer Comedy From Trevor Noah & Aaron McGruder In Works At Comedy Central
Latest TV News
- ‘Bad Banks’ Big Berlin Biz; ‘Das Boot’ Wraps; Cineflix Boards U.S. Content – Global Briefs
- 21st Century Fox Doubles Down On “Firewall Remedies” As It Looks To Push Through Sky Deal
- ‘Luther’, ‘Mistresses’ & ‘Life On Mars’ Getting Korean Remakes – BBC Showcase
- Fox News Launching Standalone Subscription Service Fox Nation
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling…
- Fergie Apologizes For NBA All-Star Game National Anthem That “Didn’t Strike The Intended Tone”