Can Breaking In come back from the dead a second time? Well, it is possible. I hear that Fox may reconsider the bombshell Tuesday night cancellation of the midseason comedy starring Christian Slater and Bret Harrison. Fox is in discussions with Breaking In producer Sony Pictures TV about possible ways to bring the show back next season, though no decision is expected to be made until after the upfronts next week. If it comes back from a second cancellation, Breaking In will become an instant TV legend, joining Family Guy as the only shows ever to do it twice. (Coincidentally, both are Fox series.) For those who don’t know the back story, Breaking In was Fox’s highest-testing pilot last season, but the network ended up passing on it last May, instead giving series orders to Raising Hope, Running Wilde and Traffic Light. Sony TV didn’t give up, extending the options on the cast when they expired. Fox proceeded to order additional scripts and eventually picked up the show to series in November. Breaking In debuted strong, with the premiere ranking as the highest-rated Fox live-action comedy telecast in over three years with the best lead-in retention for a sitcom airing after American Idol in four years. The series, created by Adam Goldberg and Seth Gordon, subsequently slipped but remained consistent and, with such a short midseason run, was considered almost a lock for a second tryout next season.
Fox's 'Breaking In' To Get Another Chance?
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- New Orleans’ French Quarter Gangster Past Getting TV Treatment From Vermilion & Rubicon
- Ever Carradine Books Role On ‘Handmaid’s Tale’; Sibo Mlambo To Recur On ‘Teen Wolf’
- Kevin James Producing CBS Comedy Project Starring Comedian Gina Brillon
- ‘Good Girls Revolt’ Review: Amazon’s 1970s-Set Series Flawed But Pertinent
- ‘Greenleaf’: GregAlan Williams & Lovie Simone Upped To Regulars On OWN Drama
- ‘American Crime’: Tim DeKay Joins Cast For Season 3 Of ABC Series