Fox will experiment with a night of all live-action half-hour comedies in midseason. During Fox’s conference call this morning, entertainment president Kevin Reilly said the network plans to launch the four-show comedy block on Tuesdays in March, when the current block’s 8 PM anchor Glee goes on hiatus before returning in mid-April. “This is a protected trial as we have Glee coming back right after,” Reilly said. There are five contenders for the four slots: the three half-hour live-action comedies already on the fall schedule — Raising Hope, New Girl, and I Hate My Teenage Daughter — as well as pilots Family Album and Little In Common, which remain under consideration for midseason. Reilly praised both pilots, which he said may undergo “a piece of recasting and probably reshooting” before the network makes a pickup. “Both could make the cut,” Reilly said.
Fox To Schedule Midseason Comedy Block
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Andreeva
- TBS Orders 'Wrecked' Deserted Island Comedy Pilot That Echoes 'Lost'
- Peter Jacobson, Alex Neustaedter & Gonzalo Menendez Join USA Pilot 'Colony'
- 'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
- Mark Gordon Co. To Adapt Novel 'Plus One', Revisit 'True Blue' For ABC
- Elizabeth Banks To Produce & Direct ABC Comedy From Caroline Williams
- Ex-NBA Star Baron Davis Gets Comedy About His Life Produced By Jake Johnson