UPDATED: Fringe got lucky to score an early renewal because no other bubble show got a reprieve at Fox. The network tonight axed all others: the Tim Roth-starring procedural Lie To Me, sophomore drama Human Target and freshmen The Chicago Code, Traffic Light and Breaking In. That is in contrast with last May, when it renewed all three of its bubble dramas, Lie To Me, Human Target and Fringe. While Human Target and Lie To Me had been long shots after soft second- and third-season runs and Chicago Code and Traffic Light‘s fate had been sealed for a while, especially with Chicago Code creator Shawn Ryan moving from 20th TV to Sony, the yanking of Breaking In was very surprising as the comedy launched strong behind American Idol, posting Fox’s highest ratings for live-action comedy series in three years. It has since slipped but was considered a solid contender for renewal as it had shown promise and had done much better than two other freshman live-action Fox comedies, Traffic Light and Running Wilde. Breaking In beat the odds once, when Fox passed on the pilot last season, before getting resurrected with a midseason order. But its luck ran out. And so the Christian Slater curse continues …
3RD UPDATE: Fox Cancels Comedies 'Breaking In' & 'Traffic Light' And Dramas 'Lie To Me', 'Human Target' & 'Chicago Code'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest TV News
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel