UPDATED: Fringe got lucky to score an early renewal because no other bubble show got a reprieve at Fox. The network tonight axed all others: the Tim Roth-starring procedural Lie To Me, sophomore drama Human Target and freshmen The Chicago Code, Traffic Light and Breaking In. That is in contrast with last May, when it renewed all three of its bubble dramas, Lie To Me, Human Target and Fringe. While Human Target and Lie To Me had been long shots after soft second- and third-season runs and Chicago Code and Traffic Light‘s fate had been sealed for a while, especially with Chicago Code creator Shawn Ryan moving from 20th TV to Sony, the yanking of Breaking In was very surprising as the comedy launched strong behind American Idol, posting Fox’s highest ratings for live-action comedy series in three years. It has since slipped but was considered a solid contender for renewal as it had shown promise and had done much better than two other freshman live-action Fox comedies, Traffic Light and Running Wilde. Breaking In beat the odds once, when Fox passed on the pilot last season, before getting resurrected with a midseason order. But its luck ran out. And so the Christian Slater curse continues …
3RD UPDATE: Fox Cancels Comedies 'Breaking In' & 'Traffic Light' And Dramas 'Lie To Me', 'Human Target' & 'Chicago Code'
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Comcast CEO Says Growth From NBCU Businesses Will Offset Lower TV Ratings
- Donald Trump: Oscars Host Jimmy Kimmel “Pulled Out The Race Card” Because “They’re Losing Badly”…
- Annie Mumolo To Star In ‘Amy’s Brother’ Fox Comedy Pilot From Melissa McCarthy & Ben Falcone
- Rob Riggle To Topline ABC’s Single Dad Comedy Pilot
- Donald Trump Says He Nixed White House Correspondents’ Dinner Appearance Because They Make Stuff Up
- ‘Moana’ Star Auli’i Cravalho Cast In NBC Pilot ‘Drama High’ From Jason Katims…