America’s Most Wanted, the longest-running program in the history of Fox, will no longer air as a regular series. Fox has canceled the show after 23 years. AMW will keep presence on the network next season via four quarterly two-hour specials. During a conference call this morning, Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly said that “economically, it didn’t make sense” to continue the show, which had not made money for a while. Additionally, “for business reasons we want to have a place for repeats,” he said. Fox has been the only network to run a schedule of all-original series, with the other Big 3 nets airing encores on Saturday. AMW is produced by Fox TV Stations, and Reilly said the show’s host and producer John Walsh is in talks with other divisions of News Corp about ways to continue it elsewhere. So far, AMW has led to the capture of 1,151 fugitives.
Fox Cancels 'America's Most Wanted' As Series, John Walsh Is Shopping It Around
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest TV News
- ‘Westworld’ Explosive Finale Recap “The Bicameral Mind”: New Gods Will Walk
- ‘Designated Survivor’ Taps New Showrunner As Jon Harmon Feldman Exits
- CBS Will Continue To Broadcast Kennedy Center Honors Through 2025
- Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls ‘SNL’-Watching Prez-Elect “Terrifying Lunatic”…
- Netflix’s ‘Marvel’s Luke Cage’ Gets Season 2, No Return Date Set
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host Emma Stone, Still Up Vs. 2015