Focus Features acquired U.S. distribution rights to the Lorene Scafaria-directed Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, which is Steve Carell’s first project since leaving The Office. He stars with Keira Knightley and shooting begins this month in L.A. The premise: the world is ending, and a man heads cross country to reunite with his school age girlfriend for their final days. A friend (Knightley) accompanies him on the road trip and complicates things. Scafaria wrote the script and Anonymous Content’s Steve Golin and Joy Gorman produce with Indian Paintbrush’s Steven Rales and Mark Roybal. The film’s co-financed by Indian Paintbrush and Mandate Pictures, with Mandate’s Nathan Kahane and Nicole Brown exec producing. Lionsgate is handling international sales on the pic.
Focus Features Buys Steve Carell Pic 'Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- California Film & TV Incentives Boosted Below-The-Line Wages By $1.4 Billion
- ‘Moonlight’ Writer Tarell Alvin McCraney & David Oyelowo Join Forces On New Disney Musical ‘Cyrano The Moor…
- Women In Entertainment & ArcLight Santa Monica Line Up Female-Led Documentary Series
- Warner Bros India Preps ‘Infernal Affairs’ Remake With Azure Entertainment
- Voltage Bests Director In Battle Over Mel Gibson’s ‘The Professor & The Madman’
- ‘Maze Runner: The Death Cure’ Trailer: The Gladers Have One Last Life-Threatening Labyrinth Adventure