Focus Features acquired U.S. distribution rights to the Lorene Scafaria-directed Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, which is Steve Carell’s first project since leaving The Office. He stars with Keira Knightley and shooting begins this month in L.A. The premise: the world is ending, and a man heads cross country to reunite with his school age girlfriend for their final days. A friend (Knightley) accompanies him on the road trip and complicates things. Scafaria wrote the script and Anonymous Content’s Steve Golin and Joy Gorman produce with Indian Paintbrush’s Steven Rales and Mark Roybal. The film’s co-financed by Indian Paintbrush and Mandate Pictures, with Mandate’s Nathan Kahane and Nicole Brown exec producing. Lionsgate is handling international sales on the pic.
Focus Features Buys Steve Carell Pic 'Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘The Gift’: Patrick Stewart, Katie Holmes & Giancarlo Esposito Wrapping In Montreal
- ‘Shot Caller’ Review: ‘Game Of Thrones’ Star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Plays A Game Of Survival In Gripping…
- Blumhouse & Todd McFarlane Team For ‘Spawn’ Movie – Comic-Con
- From 'Fauda's Assaf Bernstein On 'Rose Madder’ To 'The Shining' Onstage: What's Behind Stephen King's…
- ‘Dunkirk’ To See Weekend Victory Of $55M+; ‘Girls Trip’ Hot At $27M+; ‘Valerian’ Falling To Earth…
- Nicole Ari Parker To Star In Indie Comedy ‘Headshop’