Focus Features acquired U.S. distribution rights to the Lorene Scafaria-directed Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, which is Steve Carell’s first project since leaving The Office. He stars with Keira Knightley and shooting begins this month in L.A. The premise: the world is ending, and a man heads cross country to reunite with his school age girlfriend for their final days. A friend (Knightley) accompanies him on the road trip and complicates things. Scafaria wrote the script and Anonymous Content’s Steve Golin and Joy Gorman produce with Indian Paintbrush’s Steven Rales and Mark Roybal. The film’s co-financed by Indian Paintbrush and Mandate Pictures, with Mandate’s Nathan Kahane and Nicole Brown exec producing. Lionsgate is handling international sales on the pic.
Focus Features Buys Steve Carell Pic 'Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Mel Gibson’s Standing-O; Seth Rogen Talks Politics; No Denial Of Oscar Buzz For Timothy…
- Stephen Root Cast In ‘The Empty Man’; Mackenyu Joins ‘Pacific Rim’ Sequel
- Abrams Artists Taps Ashwant Venkatram As Digital Media Agent; R&C Hires Alisa Granz As EVP For Consumer Biz
- Jim Rash, Sasha Alexander, Bellamy Young & More Round The Cast Of ‘Bernard And Huey’
- Distributor-Financier 13 Films Taps Endgame Exec As VP
- WME-IMG China Appoints NBA Exec Michael Ma As CEO