Focus Features acquired U.S. distribution rights to the Lorene Scafaria-directed Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, which is Steve Carell’s first project since leaving The Office. He stars with Keira Knightley and shooting begins this month in L.A. The premise: the world is ending, and a man heads cross country to reunite with his school age girlfriend for their final days. A friend (Knightley) accompanies him on the road trip and complicates things. Scafaria wrote the script and Anonymous Content’s Steve Golin and Joy Gorman produce with Indian Paintbrush’s Steven Rales and Mark Roybal. The film’s co-financed by Indian Paintbrush and Mandate Pictures, with Mandate’s Nathan Kahane and Nicole Brown exec producing. Lionsgate is handling international sales on the pic.
Focus Features Buys Steve Carell Pic 'Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
'Hamilton' & 'Shuffle Along' Lead Historic Tony Nominations Derby As 'American Psycho', 'Tuck Everlasting' Disappoint
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
Latest Film News
- Kevin Dillon & DeRon Horton Planted As Leads In ‘Dirt’
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Is Target In ‘Why We’re Killing Gunther’
- ‘Diary Of An Oxygen Thief’ Sells To S&S Imprint Gallery After Gotham Group Buys Screen Rights
- FilmRise Grabs Global Rights to SXSW Thriller ‘My Father Die’; Kino Lorber’s Sol Y Luna Acquires ‘Lucha Mexico…
- ‘A Bigger Splash’ Review: Sex, Seduction, Rock ‘N’ Roll & Naked Stars – Do We Have…
- Dascha Polanco Lands Female Lead In ‘iCreep’; Ingjerd Egeberg Joins ‘Downsizing’