Focus Features acquired U.S. distribution rights to the Lorene Scafaria-directed Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, which is Steve Carell’s first project since leaving The Office. He stars with Keira Knightley and shooting begins this month in L.A. The premise: the world is ending, and a man heads cross country to reunite with his school age girlfriend for their final days. A friend (Knightley) accompanies him on the road trip and complicates things. Scafaria wrote the script and Anonymous Content’s Steve Golin and Joy Gorman produce with Indian Paintbrush’s Steven Rales and Mark Roybal. The film’s co-financed by Indian Paintbrush and Mandate Pictures, with Mandate’s Nathan Kahane and Nicole Brown exec producing. Lionsgate is handling international sales on the pic.
Focus Features Buys Steve Carell Pic 'Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World'
What's Hot on Deadline
CBS Opens Wednesday Comedy Block With 'Mike & Molly' And '2 Broke Girls', Sets Midseason Premiere Dates
Latest Film News
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Gets China Release Date; Local Poster Unveiled
- New ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ Teaser: World’s Finest?
- Gotham Awards 2015 Live Blog
- Gotham Awards Winners List (Live)
- Gotham Awards Live Stream – Watch
- China Makes Space For 'The Martian' As 'Good Dinosaur' Snatches Eggs From No. 1 'Mockingjay 2' – Intl B.O. Update