Focus Features acquired U.S. distribution rights to the Lorene Scafaria-directed Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, which is Steve Carell’s first project since leaving The Office. He stars with Keira Knightley and shooting begins this month in L.A. The premise: the world is ending, and a man heads cross country to reunite with his school age girlfriend for their final days. A friend (Knightley) accompanies him on the road trip and complicates things. Scafaria wrote the script and Anonymous Content’s Steve Golin and Joy Gorman produce with Indian Paintbrush’s Steven Rales and Mark Roybal. The film’s co-financed by Indian Paintbrush and Mandate Pictures, with Mandate’s Nathan Kahane and Nicole Brown exec producing. Lionsgate is handling international sales on the pic.
Focus Features Buys Steve Carell Pic 'Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World'
What's Hot on Deadline
California Wildfires: Santa Barbara Orders Mandatory Evacuations, Celebrity Homes Threatened— Update
Sex, Drugs, Glamour, Emptiness: Bryan Singer's Teen Ex-Lover Bares All About Life In Director's Orbit
'Coco' Sweet With $390M Global, Scores China Hat Trick; 'Justice League' Tops $600M WW - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Boston Society Of Film & New York Film Critics Online Announce Award Winners For 2017
- ‘Coco’ Sweet With $390M Global, Scores China Hat Trick; ‘Justice League’ Tops $600M WW – International Box…
- Celebrities Praise Keaton Jones: Chris Evans Invites Bullied Boy To ‘Avengers’ Premiere
- British Independent Film Awards: ‘God’s Own Country’ Takes Top Honor – Full List
- ‘The Last Jedi’ World Premiere: ‘Star Wars’ Princess Carrie Fisher Remembered; Adam Driver Calls Pic “A Great Homage To Her”…
- ‘Ready Player One’ Author Ernest Cline Calls Movie A Cross Between ‘Willy Wonka’ And ‘The Matrix…