Focus Features acquired U.S. distribution rights to the Lorene Scafaria-directed Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, which is Steve Carell’s first project since leaving The Office. He stars with Keira Knightley and shooting begins this month in L.A. The premise: the world is ending, and a man heads cross country to reunite with his school age girlfriend for their final days. A friend (Knightley) accompanies him on the road trip and complicates things. Scafaria wrote the script and Anonymous Content’s Steve Golin and Joy Gorman produce with Indian Paintbrush’s Steven Rales and Mark Roybal. The film’s co-financed by Indian Paintbrush and Mandate Pictures, with Mandate’s Nathan Kahane and Nicole Brown exec producing. Lionsgate is handling international sales on the pic.
Focus Features Buys Steve Carell Pic 'Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World'
What's Hot on Deadline
How Paramount's 'Ghost In The Shell' Hacked 'Mr. Robot's Season 2 Finale & Took Social Media By Storm
Latest Film News
- Funk Legend George Clinton Joins Flying Lotus’ ‘Kuso’; Thomas Q. Jones Locked In ‘Choke Hold’
- ‘Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children’ Review: Eccentric Family Movie Is Tim Burton’s…
- Sarah Carter Scores High In ‘Business Ethics’ As Comedy Rounds Out Cast
- Orion Pictures And Gunpowder & Sky Nab Robert Schwartzman Pic ‘Dreamland’
- New Regency Production President Pam Abdy Exiting
- Viacom’s New Directors Will Lead Committee Weighing CBS Deal