Focus Features acquired U.S. distribution rights to the Lorene Scafaria-directed Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, which is Steve Carell’s first project since leaving The Office. He stars with Keira Knightley and shooting begins this month in L.A. The premise: the world is ending, and a man heads cross country to reunite with his school age girlfriend for their final days. A friend (Knightley) accompanies him on the road trip and complicates things. Scafaria wrote the script and Anonymous Content’s Steve Golin and Joy Gorman produce with Indian Paintbrush’s Steven Rales and Mark Roybal. The film’s co-financed by Indian Paintbrush and Mandate Pictures, with Mandate’s Nathan Kahane and Nicole Brown exec producing. Lionsgate is handling international sales on the pic.
Focus Features Buys Steve Carell Pic 'Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World'
What's Hot on Deadline
Earth Will Feel The Power Of The Force Again: Disney's 'Rogue One' On Course For $280M-$350M Global Opening - Preview
'Office Christmas Party' Gets Louder With $17M+, Though 'Moana' Still Has Leading Luau; 'La La Land' Huge - Noon Update
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2' Shoots Web Around Independence Day 2019; 'Bad Boys 4' Moves To Memorial Day
Latest Film News
- ‘Office Christmas Party’ Review: Dreaming Of A Raunchy Christmas? This Is The Movie For You
- ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming 2’ Shoots Web Around Independence Day 2019; ‘Bad Boys 4’ Moves To Memorial Day
- Seána Kerslake Inks With Paradigm & Untitled; Van Johnson Company Signs Jason Stuart
- Paramount Sets ‘Inconvenient Truth’ Sequel To Open Sundance Film Festival
- Earth Will Feel The Power Of The Force Again: Disney’s ‘Rogue One’ On Course For $280M-$350M Global Opening…
- Terry George’s ‘The Promise’ Lands At Open Road, Gets April Release Date