Focus Features acquired U.S. distribution rights to the Lorene Scafaria-directed Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, which is Steve Carell’s first project since leaving The Office. He stars with Keira Knightley and shooting begins this month in L.A. The premise: the world is ending, and a man heads cross country to reunite with his school age girlfriend for their final days. A friend (Knightley) accompanies him on the road trip and complicates things. Scafaria wrote the script and Anonymous Content’s Steve Golin and Joy Gorman produce with Indian Paintbrush’s Steven Rales and Mark Roybal. The film’s co-financed by Indian Paintbrush and Mandate Pictures, with Mandate’s Nathan Kahane and Nicole Brown exec producing. Lionsgate is handling international sales on the pic.
Focus Features Buys Steve Carell Pic 'Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World'
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver: Donald Trump's Tape Admission "Extraordinarily Stupid" Confirmation Of James Comey Testimony
Why 'Transformers' Is Screaming For Reboot After $69M Start; 'Wonder Woman' & 'Cars 3' Fight Over 2nd Place - Sunday AM
Latest Film News
- Report Exonerates SAG-AFTRA Execs Accused Of Miseeds
- SAG-AFTRA Contract Talks Hit Major Roadblock
- Michelle Obama Makes Surprise BET Awards Cameo Honoring Chance The Rapper
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Dawns With $196M Overseas; $265M Global – International Box Office
- ‘Pitch Perfect 3’ Trailer: First Look At Final Sing-Off With Rebel Wilson, Anna Kendrick
- 'The Big Sick' Nabs Year's Highest Theater Average; 'The Beguiled' is Sofia Coppola's Best Debut Average – Specialty…