Focus Features acquired U.S. distribution rights to the Lorene Scafaria-directed Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, which is Steve Carell’s first project since leaving The Office. He stars with Keira Knightley and shooting begins this month in L.A. The premise: the world is ending, and a man heads cross country to reunite with his school age girlfriend for their final days. A friend (Knightley) accompanies him on the road trip and complicates things. Scafaria wrote the script and Anonymous Content’s Steve Golin and Joy Gorman produce with Indian Paintbrush’s Steven Rales and Mark Roybal. The film’s co-financed by Indian Paintbrush and Mandate Pictures, with Mandate’s Nathan Kahane and Nicole Brown exec producing. Lionsgate is handling international sales on the pic.
Focus Features Buys Steve Carell Pic 'Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Being Evel' Producer Johnny Knoxville At Sundance: Daredevil Tales And The Price Of Pushing The Envelope
Sarah Jones' Parents Unveil New "Safety For Sarah" PSA, Tell Sundance "Never Again, Never Forget" - Video
More From Fleming Jr
- Sony Pictures Classics Acquires ‘Grandma’ At Sundance – Update
- ‘Being Evel’ Producer Johnny Knoxville At Sundance: Daredevil Tales And The Price Of Pushing The Envelope
- Irish Tale ‘Brooklyn’ Lands $9 Million Fox Searchlight Deal – Sundance
- Studio 8, Bona Film Group Join TriStar’s Ang Lee ‘Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk’
- Sony Engaging ‘Imitation Game’ Helmer Morten Tyldum For Space Saga ‘Passengers’
- Disney Eyeing Chris Pratt For Indiana Jones Revival