Focus Features acquired U.S. distribution rights to the Lorene Scafaria-directed Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, which is Steve Carell’s first project since leaving The Office. He stars with Keira Knightley and shooting begins this month in L.A. The premise: the world is ending, and a man heads cross country to reunite with his school age girlfriend for their final days. A friend (Knightley) accompanies him on the road trip and complicates things. Scafaria wrote the script and Anonymous Content’s Steve Golin and Joy Gorman produce with Indian Paintbrush’s Steven Rales and Mark Roybal. The film’s co-financed by Indian Paintbrush and Mandate Pictures, with Mandate’s Nathan Kahane and Nicole Brown exec producing. Lionsgate is handling international sales on the pic.
Focus Features Buys Steve Carell Pic 'Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Latest Film News
- Syrian Cinematographer For ‘The White Helmets’ Denied Entry Into U.S. To Attend Oscars
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Meryl Makes Another Speech; Walmart Cozies Up To Oscar; Razzies Get Political
- Hillary Finally Wins…A Razzie: Complete List Of Golden Raspberry Honorees
- ‘Resident Evil: The Final Chapter’ Grosses Massive $70M In Two Days, $33M First Day In China
- ‘Get Out’ Scares Off ‘Lego Batman’ – Saturday AM Box Office
- UTA Rally: “This Is Our Time To Resist,” Jodie Foster Tells Crowd; Asghar Farhadi Speaks Via Video – Watch