Focus Features acquired U.S. distribution rights to the Lorene Scafaria-directed Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, which is Steve Carell’s first project since leaving The Office. He stars with Keira Knightley and shooting begins this month in L.A. The premise: the world is ending, and a man heads cross country to reunite with his school age girlfriend for their final days. A friend (Knightley) accompanies him on the road trip and complicates things. Scafaria wrote the script and Anonymous Content’s Steve Golin and Joy Gorman produce with Indian Paintbrush’s Steven Rales and Mark Roybal. The film’s co-financed by Indian Paintbrush and Mandate Pictures, with Mandate’s Nathan Kahane and Nicole Brown exec producing. Lionsgate is handling international sales on the pic.
Focus Features Buys Steve Carell Pic 'Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World'
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest Film News
- Peter Heller Novel ‘The Painter’ Lands With ‘Fighter’ Scribe Paul Tamasy, ‘Blackfish’ Helmer…
- CAA Adds Maren Olson To Film Finance & Sales Group
- ‘Pawn Sacrifice’ Trailer: Bobby Fischer Vs. The World In Bleecker Street’s Chess Drama
- Robert E. Howard’s Conan The Barbarian, Kull And Other Creations Acquired By Fredrik Malmberg
- SXSW Comedy ‘Addicted To Fresno’ Lands At Gravitas Ventures
- Is Bollywood’s Eros International Preparing A Dealmaking Campaign?