Focus Features acquired U.S. distribution rights to the Lorene Scafaria-directed Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, which is Steve Carell’s first project since leaving The Office. He stars with Keira Knightley and shooting begins this month in L.A. The premise: the world is ending, and a man heads cross country to reunite with his school age girlfriend for their final days. A friend (Knightley) accompanies him on the road trip and complicates things. Scafaria wrote the script and Anonymous Content’s Steve Golin and Joy Gorman produce with Indian Paintbrush’s Steven Rales and Mark Roybal. The film’s co-financed by Indian Paintbrush and Mandate Pictures, with Mandate’s Nathan Kahane and Nicole Brown exec producing. Lionsgate is handling international sales on the pic.
Focus Features Buys Steve Carell Pic 'Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World'
What's Hot on Deadline
Daniel Craig And Katherine Heigl Finalizing Deals To Join Steven Soderbergh's 'Logan Lucky' As James Bond News Surfaces
Lionsgate Standing Strongly Behind 'Nashville' And Looks To 'Power Rangers' As Long-Lasting Franchise
Latest Film News
- Bryan Cranston-Owned Cinemas Palme d'Or Wins Appellate Decision, Will See Cinemark In Court
- Peter Bart: While Networks Advance Their Reboots, ‘The Nice Guys’ Reboots Vintage Shane Black
- Sacha Baron Cohen Signs With CAA
- And The 2016 Women In Film Crystal + Lucy Awards Go To …
- Saban Films Acquires Zack Whedon’s Feature Debut ‘Come And Find Me’
- Alamo Drafthouse & Legion M Partner On Genre Entertainment Development Stream