Focus Features acquired U.S. distribution rights to the Lorene Scafaria-directed Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, which is Steve Carell’s first project since leaving The Office. He stars with Keira Knightley and shooting begins this month in L.A. The premise: the world is ending, and a man heads cross country to reunite with his school age girlfriend for their final days. A friend (Knightley) accompanies him on the road trip and complicates things. Scafaria wrote the script and Anonymous Content’s Steve Golin and Joy Gorman produce with Indian Paintbrush’s Steven Rales and Mark Roybal. The film’s co-financed by Indian Paintbrush and Mandate Pictures, with Mandate’s Nathan Kahane and Nicole Brown exec producing. Lionsgate is handling international sales on the pic.
Focus Features Buys Steve Carell Pic 'Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Disney Crosses $1B At International Box Office; Propelled By ‘Ultron’, ‘Cinderella’
- ‘Ultron’ Outpacing ‘Avengers’ & ‘IM3′ With $439M; ‘F7′ Fuels Up – Intl…
- ‘Far From The Madding Crowd,’ ‘Welcome To Me’ Vigorous At Specialty Box Office
- ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’ Flies To 2nd Highest Bow Of All-Time With $187.7M- Final Sunday Update
- Oscar-Winning ‘Dances With Wolves’ Author/Screenwriter Michael Blake Has Died
- New ‘TMNT 2′ Set Pic Reveals First Look At Classic Character