Focus Features acquired U.S. distribution rights to the Lorene Scafaria-directed Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, which is Steve Carell’s first project since leaving The Office. He stars with Keira Knightley and shooting begins this month in L.A. The premise: the world is ending, and a man heads cross country to reunite with his school age girlfriend for their final days. A friend (Knightley) accompanies him on the road trip and complicates things. Scafaria wrote the script and Anonymous Content’s Steve Golin and Joy Gorman produce with Indian Paintbrush’s Steven Rales and Mark Roybal. The film’s co-financed by Indian Paintbrush and Mandate Pictures, with Mandate’s Nathan Kahane and Nicole Brown exec producing. Lionsgate is handling international sales on the pic.
Focus Features Buys Steve Carell Pic 'Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Brooklyn’s Saorise Ronan On Choosing Irish Role “Carefully”; Chantal Akerman Screenings – New York…
- Starz Sinks Its Teeth Into Jason Bateman Film ‘The Family Fang’
- Nicholas Hoult, Luke Evans & Henry Cavill Suit Up For War Drama 'Sand Castle'; Mark Gordon Co, Treehouse Producing
- Academy Museum Gets $5M+ Donation From Shirley Temple Black Estate
- Green-Light Launches International Sales Arm Led By Christian De Gallegos – AFM
- Oscars: Academy Finalizes Foreign-Language Film Contenders