Focus Features acquired U.S. distribution rights to the Lorene Scafaria-directed Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, which is Steve Carell’s first project since leaving The Office. He stars with Keira Knightley and shooting begins this month in L.A. The premise: the world is ending, and a man heads cross country to reunite with his school age girlfriend for their final days. A friend (Knightley) accompanies him on the road trip and complicates things. Scafaria wrote the script and Anonymous Content’s Steve Golin and Joy Gorman produce with Indian Paintbrush’s Steven Rales and Mark Roybal. The film’s co-financed by Indian Paintbrush and Mandate Pictures, with Mandate’s Nathan Kahane and Nicole Brown exec producing. Lionsgate is handling international sales on the pic.
Focus Features Buys Steve Carell Pic 'Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World'
What's Hot on Deadline
Up To 750K Attend Anti-Trump Protest In Downtown Los Angeles; Huge Crowds Also In NYC, D.C. (UPDATE)
Latest Film News
- SAG-AFTRA Board Approves Proposals for Film and TV Contract Talks
- Uni/Blumhouse’s ‘Split’ Is A Hit With $38M To $39M+; ‘Xander Cage’ Falls Down – Saturday AM…
- Filmmaker Laura Nix Receives 2017 Sundance/Discover Impact Fellowship
- Al Gore Warns Donald Trump Climate Change Movement Is “Unstoppable” – Sundance Studio
- Sundance: Women’s March Exceeded Expectations, Park City Officials Say
- Route One Ups Sophia Dilley To VP Production & Development