Focus Features acquired U.S. distribution rights to the Lorene Scafaria-directed Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, which is Steve Carell’s first project since leaving The Office. He stars with Keira Knightley and shooting begins this month in L.A. The premise: the world is ending, and a man heads cross country to reunite with his school age girlfriend for their final days. A friend (Knightley) accompanies him on the road trip and complicates things. Scafaria wrote the script and Anonymous Content’s Steve Golin and Joy Gorman produce with Indian Paintbrush’s Steven Rales and Mark Roybal. The film’s co-financed by Indian Paintbrush and Mandate Pictures, with Mandate’s Nathan Kahane and Nicole Brown exec producing. Lionsgate is handling international sales on the pic.
Focus Features Buys Steve Carell Pic 'Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World'
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
Latest Film News
- ‘Wonder Woman 2’ Gets 2019 Release Date
- ‘Bloodline’ Actor Owen Teague Joins YA Romance ‘Every Day’
- Jared Leto In Talks For ‘Bloodshot’ At Sony
- Ric Roman Waugh Nears Deal To Direct ‘Angel Has Fallen’, Next Installment Of The ‘Olympus Has…
- ‘Atomic Blonde’ Review: Charlize Theron Kicks Ass, But Spy Action Thriller Has More Fight Than Bite
- Fox, 21 Laps Land Colm McCarthy For Coast Guard Thriller