Focus Features acquired U.S. distribution rights to the Lorene Scafaria-directed Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, which is Steve Carell’s first project since leaving The Office. He stars with Keira Knightley and shooting begins this month in L.A. The premise: the world is ending, and a man heads cross country to reunite with his school age girlfriend for their final days. A friend (Knightley) accompanies him on the road trip and complicates things. Scafaria wrote the script and Anonymous Content’s Steve Golin and Joy Gorman produce with Indian Paintbrush’s Steven Rales and Mark Roybal. The film’s co-financed by Indian Paintbrush and Mandate Pictures, with Mandate’s Nathan Kahane and Nicole Brown exec producing. Lionsgate is handling international sales on the pic.
Focus Features Buys Steve Carell Pic 'Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World'
What's Hot on Deadline
TV Academy Board Votes To Initiate Disciplinary Proceedings On Harvey Weinstein; Hearing Set For November
Latest Film News
- IDA Grants $850G To 11 Documentaries; ‘Blue Wall’, ‘Hazing’ Among Picks
- ‘Hangman’ Trailer: Al Pacino Plays Deadly Game With Serial Killer
- Tribeca’s Through Her Lens Selects ‘Suicide By Sunlight’ For Funding
- China Box Office Poised To Hit $8.31B In 2017, Regulator Forecasts
- Lupita Nyong’o Speaks Out On Harvey Weinstein Sexual Harassments In NY Times Op-ed
- Sophie Okonedo, Brian Gleeson & Alistair Petrie Join New ‘Hellboy’ Movie