Focus Features acquired U.S. distribution rights to the Lorene Scafaria-directed Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, which is Steve Carell’s first project since leaving The Office. He stars with Keira Knightley and shooting begins this month in L.A. The premise: the world is ending, and a man heads cross country to reunite with his school age girlfriend for their final days. A friend (Knightley) accompanies him on the road trip and complicates things. Scafaria wrote the script and Anonymous Content’s Steve Golin and Joy Gorman produce with Indian Paintbrush’s Steven Rales and Mark Roybal. The film’s co-financed by Indian Paintbrush and Mandate Pictures, with Mandate’s Nathan Kahane and Nicole Brown exec producing. Lionsgate is handling international sales on the pic.
Focus Features Buys Steve Carell Pic 'Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ellen Pompeo On New 'Grey's Anatomy' Deal, The Show's End Game & Legacy And Her Post-'Grey's' Future - Q&A
Sundance Names Jada Pinkett Smith, Octavia Spencer & Chaz Ebert To Jury; Jason Mantzoukas To Host Awards Show
Ellen Pompeo Inks New 2-Year Deal For 'Grey's Anatomy', Paving Way For Seasons 15 & 16, Adds Producing Duties
‘70s Screen Icon Pam Grier Speaks On Sex Harassment & Her Biopic With Jay Pharoah Playing Richard Pryor
Latest Film News
- William Friedkin’s Exorcism Documentary ‘The Devil & Father Amorth’ Acquired By The Orchard For…
- Gina Rodriguez Outfitted To Host Costume Designers Guild Awards; Career Honorees Set
- Angelina Jolie To Receive ASC’s Board Of Governors Award
- Universal Lands Pitch For Jessica Chastain-Octavia Spencer Holiday Comedy
- ‘306 Hollywood’ Sneak Peek: Sundance’s First NEXT Documentary Follows Unlikely Treasure Map To Riches
- ‘Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri’ & ‘Lady Bird’ Among Nominees For AARP’s Movies For…