Focus Features acquired U.S. distribution rights to the Lorene Scafaria-directed Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, which is Steve Carell’s first project since leaving The Office. He stars with Keira Knightley and shooting begins this month in L.A. The premise: the world is ending, and a man heads cross country to reunite with his school age girlfriend for their final days. A friend (Knightley) accompanies him on the road trip and complicates things. Scafaria wrote the script and Anonymous Content’s Steve Golin and Joy Gorman produce with Indian Paintbrush’s Steven Rales and Mark Roybal. The film’s co-financed by Indian Paintbrush and Mandate Pictures, with Mandate’s Nathan Kahane and Nicole Brown exec producing. Lionsgate is handling international sales on the pic.
Focus Features Buys Steve Carell Pic 'Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World'
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire At The B.O.: 'Beauty And The Beast' Embraces $81M; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $42M+
'Justice League' Teaser Trailers Recruit Wonder Woman, Cyborg; They Join Batman, Aquaman & The Flash - Update
Latest Film News
- Family-Branded Films On Fire At The B.O.: ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Embraces $81M; ‘Power Rangers’ Mighty…
- WGA “Broke Off Negotiations,” Producers Claim As Strike Vote Looms
- WGA Negotiators Call For Strike-Authorization Vote – Read The Letter
- WGA Strike Vote Could Be “Very Soon” As Talks Continue
- No. 11 ‘Doctor Strange’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- Robert Rodriguez To Direct ‘Escape From New York’