It is an upfront tradition that the network calls to producers to tell them that their pilots have been picked up are sometimes followed by calls to cast members of the ordered pilots to tell them that they won’t be continuing on the series. I hear that the first recasting on a newly ordered series this year is on NBC’s Prime Suspect, which was picked up Wednesday, the very first day of series pickups this year. Exiting the project is British actor Toby Stephens as his character will be rewritten. NBC’s remake of the British series Prime Suspect centers on Jane Timoney (Maria Bello), an iconoclastic female detective who has to make her bones in a tough New York precinct that is dominated by men. Stephens played Jane’s live-in boyfriend, who is fighting his ex-wife to allow their son to stay with him and Jane.
First Recasting On New Network Series Set
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Marvel Confirms Mike Colter As Luke Cage In 'Jessica Jones' Netflix Series
- Female Navy SEALs Drama Set At Fox With Basil Iwanyk Producing
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'