It is an upfront tradition that the network calls to producers to tell them that their pilots have been picked up are sometimes followed by calls to cast members of the ordered pilots to tell them that they won’t be continuing on the series. I hear that the first recasting on a newly ordered series this year is on NBC’s Prime Suspect, which was picked up Wednesday, the very first day of series pickups this year. Exiting the project is British actor Toby Stephens as his character will be rewritten. NBC’s remake of the British series Prime Suspect centers on Jane Timoney (Maria Bello), an iconoclastic female detective who has to make her bones in a tough New York precinct that is dominated by men. Stephens played Jane’s live-in boyfriend, who is fighting his ex-wife to allow their son to stay with him and Jane.
First Recasting On New Network Series Set
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete' Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres