EXCLUSIVE: Emily Mortimer is in negotiations for the female lead in Aaron Sorkin’s HBO pilot. Tentatively titled More As This Story Develops, the project centers on cable news anchor Will McCallister (Jeff Daniels), who has his own show, as well as the show’s female executive producer, MacKenzie (Mortimer), for whom producing the news is what she does best and everything else is tied for last place. Mortimer landed the role after a series of reading. In addition to Daniels, Mortimer will also join Olivia Munn and Alison Pill, who are finalizing their deals for the project. Greg Mottola is directing the pilot, which is being executive produced by Sorkin, Scott Rudin and Alan Poul. Mortimer, repped by ICM, Independent Talent Group and Brillstein, will next be seen in Martin Scorsese’s 3D film Hugo Cabret and voices the female lead in Cars 2. She also co-starred in the hot Sundance entry Our Idiot Brother, which was picked up by The Weinstein Co.
Emily Mortimer In Negotiations To Star In Aaron Sorkin's HBO Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- Shane Brennan Drama ‘Here & Now’ About Cop With Amnesia Set At CBS
- ‘Loudermilk’: Will Sasso Joins Ron Livingston In Audience Network Comedy Series
- NAPTE Announces Keynote Speakers & New Initiatives For 2017 Conference
- ‘The Crown’ Review: Netflix’s Royal Drama Glitters, With History The True Jewel
- ‘The Great Indoors’ Off To Decent Ratings Start, ‘Pure Genius’ Low – Update
- Starz CFO Scott Macdonald To Leave In Reorganization After Sale To Lionsgate