EXCLUSIVE: Emily Mortimer is in negotiations for the female lead in Aaron Sorkin’s HBO pilot. Tentatively titled More As This Story Develops, the project centers on cable news anchor Will McCallister (Jeff Daniels), who has his own show, as well as the show’s female executive producer, MacKenzie (Mortimer), for whom producing the news is what she does best and everything else is tied for last place. Mortimer landed the role after a series of reading. In addition to Daniels, Mortimer will also join Olivia Munn and Alison Pill, who are finalizing their deals for the project. Greg Mottola is directing the pilot, which is being executive produced by Sorkin, Scott Rudin and Alan Poul. Mortimer, repped by ICM, Independent Talent Group and Brillstein, will next be seen in Martin Scorsese’s 3D film Hugo Cabret and voices the female lead in Cars 2. She also co-starred in the hot Sundance entry Our Idiot Brother, which was picked up by The Weinstein Co.
Emily Mortimer In Negotiations To Star In Aaron Sorkin's HBO Pilot
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'