I hear Elizabeth Porter, Comedy Central’s SVP Specials & Talent, was let go on Friday. Porter worked at Comedy Central for about seven years, overseeing all aspects of talent, including identifying and developing new talent as well as developing vehicles to draw bigger-name talent to the network. She also ran specials, including the Comedy Central Roast franchise, Jamie Foxx’s Laffapalooza and Comedy Central’s Last Laugh, which she developed in 2004. Porter also oversaw Comedy Central Records, the network’s in-house record label. Porter joined Comedy Central from USA Network, where she oversaw all alternative programming and specials.
Elizabeth Porter Out As Head Of Specials & Talent At Comedy Central
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Boyhood’, 'Grand Budapest', 'Lego Movie' Score Big At 65th ACE Eddie Awards -- Complete Winners List
Bryan Cranston & David Shore's ‘Sneaky Pete’ Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete' Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres