I hear Elizabeth Porter, Comedy Central’s SVP Specials & Talent, was let go on Friday. Porter worked at Comedy Central for about seven years, overseeing all aspects of talent, including identifying and developing new talent as well as developing vehicles to draw bigger-name talent to the network. She also ran specials, including the Comedy Central Roast franchise, Jamie Foxx’s Laffapalooza and Comedy Central’s Last Laugh, which she developed in 2004. Porter also oversaw Comedy Central Records, the network’s in-house record label. Porter joined Comedy Central from USA Network, where she oversaw all alternative programming and specials.
Elizabeth Porter Out As Head Of Specials & Talent At Comedy Central
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest TV News
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement
- ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings
- ‘The Four: Battle For Stardom’: Fox Promos Disruptive Singing Competition
- ‘Entourage’ Extra Alleges Jeremy Piven Sexually Assaulted Her In 2009 – Report