I hear Elizabeth Porter, Comedy Central’s SVP Specials & Talent, was let go on Friday. Porter worked at Comedy Central for about seven years, overseeing all aspects of talent, including identifying and developing new talent as well as developing vehicles to draw bigger-name talent to the network. She also ran specials, including the Comedy Central Roast franchise, Jamie Foxx’s Laffapalooza and Comedy Central’s Last Laugh, which she developed in 2004. Porter also oversaw Comedy Central Records, the network’s in-house record label. Porter joined Comedy Central from USA Network, where she oversaw all alternative programming and specials.
Elizabeth Porter Out As Head Of Specials & Talent At Comedy Central
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Andreeva
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy
- CBS Buys Comedy From Andrew Reich, Ted Cohen & Gail Berman
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz
- CW's 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres