I hear Elizabeth Porter, Comedy Central’s SVP Specials & Talent, was let go on Friday. Porter worked at Comedy Central for about seven years, overseeing all aspects of talent, including identifying and developing new talent as well as developing vehicles to draw bigger-name talent to the network. She also ran specials, including the Comedy Central Roast franchise, Jamie Foxx’s Laffapalooza and Comedy Central’s Last Laugh, which she developed in 2004. Porter also oversaw Comedy Central Records, the network’s in-house record label. Porter joined Comedy Central from USA Network, where she oversaw all alternative programming and specials.
Elizabeth Porter Out As Head Of Specials & Talent At Comedy Central
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest TV News
- ‘Bachelorette’ Runner-Up Will Be New ‘Bachelor’; Diversity Issue Remains
- Michael Shannon & Taylor Kitsch Topline Weinstein Co. Series ‘Waco’, Based On 1993 Siege
- One World Sports Network Drops Off Dish; Sides Blame Each Other
- CBS Developing New Adaptation Of UK Comedy Series ‘Friday Night Dinner’
- ABC Buys Laura Krafft Family Comedy
- Don Buchwald & Associates Expands Team With Four New Agents, Promotes Two