Law & Order veteran Ed Zuckerman, who most recently ran ABC’s legal drama The Whole Truth last season, has been tapped as the new showrunner on CBS’ Blue Bloods, which has not been officially renewed but is coming back next season. Zuckerman will succeed the series’ creators Mitchell Burgess and Robin Green who have exited at the end of this season. Zuckerman’s strong procedural background (he spent 14 years on Law & Order and also worked on JAG and L&O: Criminal Intent) confirms CBS’ desire to take the cop/family drama in a more procedural direction next season.
Ed Zuckerman To Run CBS' 'Blue Bloods'
What's Hot on Deadline
Popular Japanese Title 'Attack On Titan' Eyed By Warner Bros. For 'Fantastic Beasts' Producer David Heyman
'Split' And 'xXx' Merge Into Market While 'The Founder' May Get Lost In Heavy Traffic - Box Office Preview
'Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee' Moves To Netflix As Part Of Big Jerry Seinfeld Deal That Includes Specials & Series
Latest TV News
- ‘Dance Moms’ Abby Lee Miller Wants No Jail Time In Fraud Case; Feds Disagree
- ‘The Wall’: New NBC Game Show Picked Up For 20 More Episodes
- ‘Rosewood’ Casts Manny Montana; Jocelyn Hudon Joins ‘The Strain’
- Sprout Taps Children’s Media Exec Deirdre Brennan As General Manager
- Nielsen Lands Deal To Tap Set Top Box Data From AT&T’s DirecTV And U-Verse
- NY Gov. Cuomo Extends State's Film Incentives Program