Law & Order veteran Ed Zuckerman, who most recently ran ABC’s legal drama The Whole Truth last season, has been tapped as the new showrunner on CBS’ Blue Bloods, which has not been officially renewed but is coming back next season. Zuckerman will succeed the series’ creators Mitchell Burgess and Robin Green who have exited at the end of this season. Zuckerman’s strong procedural background (he spent 14 years on Law & Order and also worked on JAG and L&O: Criminal Intent) confirms CBS’ desire to take the cop/family drama in a more procedural direction next season.
Ed Zuckerman To Run CBS' 'Blue Bloods'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Matador' Cancelled By El Rey Network After One Season
- Fox Boston Affiliate Goes Dark On Verizon FiOS Over Carriage Dispute With Cox
- Plan For Imposing Quota On Hollywood Movies Scrapped By Russian Parliament
- CBS Sets 2015 Greatest Super Bowl Commercials Special
- 'Charlie Brown Thanksgiving' Surges, 'Red Band Society' Hits 0.7 Rating Wednesday
- 'Red Band Society' Pulled From Schedule, Will Stop Production After 13 Episodes