Law & Order veteran Ed Zuckerman, who most recently ran ABC’s legal drama The Whole Truth last season, has been tapped as the new showrunner on CBS’ Blue Bloods, which has not been officially renewed but is coming back next season. Zuckerman will succeed the series’ creators Mitchell Burgess and Robin Green who have exited at the end of this season. Zuckerman’s strong procedural background (he spent 14 years on Law & Order and also worked on JAG and L&O: Criminal Intent) confirms CBS’ desire to take the cop/family drama in a more procedural direction next season.
Ed Zuckerman To Run CBS' 'Blue Bloods'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Acorn To Co-Produce BBC Drama ‘Love, Lies & Records’ Starring Ashley Jensen
- WGA Meeting Shows Guild On Strike Footing As Contract Talks Loom
- Stephen Colbert Wonders If Donald Trump Will Get WaPo’s “Democracy Dies In Darkness” Message
- Kellyanne Conway Returns To TV, Says She Has Been Busy Looking At Houses And Being Mom
- ‘Mayans MC’: John Ortiz Cast In FX’s ‘Sons Of Anarchy’ Spinoff Pilot
- Judd Hirsch Signs With TalentWorks