Law & Order veteran Ed Zuckerman, who most recently ran ABC’s legal drama The Whole Truth last season, has been tapped as the new showrunner on CBS’ Blue Bloods, which has not been officially renewed but is coming back next season. Zuckerman will succeed the series’ creators Mitchell Burgess and Robin Green who have exited at the end of this season. Zuckerman’s strong procedural background (he spent 14 years on Law & Order and also worked on JAG and L&O: Criminal Intent) confirms CBS’ desire to take the cop/family drama in a more procedural direction next season.
Ed Zuckerman To Run CBS' 'Blue Bloods'
Trending Now on Deadline
Marvel's 'Jessica Jones': Krysten Ritter, Alexandra Daddario, Teresa Palmer, Marin Ireland, Jessica De Gouw Testing For Lead
More From Andreeva
- 'Global Frequency' Drama Produced By Jerry Bruckheimer Set At Fox With Big Commitment
- Robert Kirkman's Cinemax Exorcism Drama 'Outcast' Adds Four
- Art & John Linson Acquire Vietnam War Book 'The Long Gray Line' For HBO Series
- Larry Wilmore's Comedy Central Show Gets Premiere Date & New Title
- 'Dallas' Producers Pen Letter To Fans As Series Ends Efforts To Find New Home