Law & Order veteran Ed Zuckerman, who most recently ran ABC’s legal drama The Whole Truth last season, has been tapped as the new showrunner on CBS’ Blue Bloods, which has not been officially renewed but is coming back next season. Zuckerman will succeed the series’ creators Mitchell Burgess and Robin Green who have exited at the end of this season. Zuckerman’s strong procedural background (he spent 14 years on Law & Order and also worked on JAG and L&O: Criminal Intent) confirms CBS’ desire to take the cop/family drama in a more procedural direction next season.
Ed Zuckerman To Run CBS' 'Blue Bloods'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Real Time’: Janice Min Says Weinstein Frenzy Fueled Partly By Trump Anger
- Pentatonix Christmas Special Returns, Joined By Jennifer Hudson, Jay Leno, Darci Lynne Farmer
- Ben Bates Dies: ‘Gunsmoke’ Stunt Double was 84
- Jimmy Kimmel And Matt Damon To Raffle Off Dysfunctional Dinner For Jon Stewart Fundraiser
- Nikki Toscano Sells Dramas With Matt Reeves & Craig Brewer To Fox With Penalty
- ‘Magnum P.I.’ Reboot In the Works At CBS