Law & Order veteran Ed Zuckerman, who most recently ran ABC’s legal drama The Whole Truth last season, has been tapped as the new showrunner on CBS’ Blue Bloods, which has not been officially renewed but is coming back next season. Zuckerman will succeed the series’ creators Mitchell Burgess and Robin Green who have exited at the end of this season. Zuckerman’s strong procedural background (he spent 14 years on Law & Order and also worked on JAG and L&O: Criminal Intent) confirms CBS’ desire to take the cop/family drama in a more procedural direction next season.
Ed Zuckerman To Run CBS' 'Blue Bloods'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
'Hamilton' & 'Shuffle Along' Lead Historic Tony Nominations Derby As 'American Psycho', 'Tuck Everlasting' Disappoint
Latest TV News
- ‘The Blues Brothers’ Animated Series With Dan Aykroyd In The Works At Bento Box
- Donald Trump: “I Have Watched Ted Cruz Become More Unhinged” – Update
- ‘Chopped’ Creators Ink First-Look Deal With eOne
- Rosie Perez, Ron Livingston Among Five Cast In TBS’ Search Party’
- Tom Harper To Direct ‘The Son’ On AMC
- Skydance Media Buys Game Developer The Workshop And Launches Interactive Division