EXCLUSIVE: The Rock is one hot rock right now following the big worldwide opening of Universal’s Fast Five. This major movie star had a longtime relationship with agent Darren Statt and followed the rep from Endeavor to UTA to CAA most recently. But now Dwayne Johnson has called it quits with Statt and signed with WME. As I’ve previously reported, Johnson recently told Universal he wants to appear in the 6th installment of the Fast franchise as it transitions from street racing subject matter to a heist film. Johnson is attached to a Charley Pride biopic as well as to the film Snitch. The Rock this year also renewed his relationship with the World Wrestling Entertainment which celebrated his birthday last night. I hear that’s when Johnson finalized his decision to leave Statt. Look, everyone knows The Rock is a great guy and also has more than amply demonstrated his loyalty. In this case, as one of my commenters so atply puts it, “Does that make CAA caught between The Rock and a hard place?”
Dwayne (Rock) Johnson Moves To WME
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Martin Scorsese's 'The Irishman,' Starring Robert De Niro Heading To Netflix?
- Leah Adler Dies: Steven Spielberg’s Mother Was 97
- Uma Thurman Regrets Turning Down ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Role
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorities
- ‘Logan’ Review: The Marvel Comic Book Movie For People Who Hate Marvel Comic Book Movies
- Simon Kinberg Looking To Direct Next ‘X-Men’?