EXCLUSIVE: The Rock is one hot rock right now following the big worldwide opening of Universal’s Fast Five. This major movie star had a longtime relationship with agent Darren Statt and followed the rep from Endeavor to UTA to CAA most recently. But now Dwayne Johnson has called it quits with Statt and signed with WME. As I’ve previously reported, Johnson recently told Universal he wants to appear in the 6th installment of the Fast franchise as it transitions from street racing subject matter to a heist film. Johnson is attached to a Charley Pride biopic as well as to the film Snitch. The Rock this year also renewed his relationship with the World Wrestling Entertainment which celebrated his birthday last night. I hear that’s when Johnson finalized his decision to leave Statt. Look, everyone knows The Rock is a great guy and also has more than amply demonstrated his loyalty. In this case, as one of my commenters so atply puts it, “Does that make CAA caught between The Rock and a hard place?”
Dwayne (Rock) Johnson Moves To WME
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
Latest Film News
- Aardman, Studiocanal Reunite Flock For ‘Shaun The Sheep Movie 2’ – AFM
- ‘American Pastoral’ Review: Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut Deserves A Better Reception
- Warner Bros Sues Innovative Artists For Oscar Screener Piracy Of ‘Creed’ + More
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA
- ‘Madea Halloween’ Gets $28.5M Treat, ‘Jack Reacher,’ $22.8M, ‘Ouija’ Grabs $14M, ‘Joneses’ Tanks…