NBC made a big headline at its upfront presentation today regarding Donald Trump. Trump took the stage to deliver the news: “After getting so many calls from (top NBC executives), I’ve decided that we are going to continue onward with Celebrity Apprentice. I will not be running for president, as much as I’d like to, and I want to thank everybody very much,” he said. “This will be our 12th season, and I have to say, I love Celebrity Apprentice.” Over the past few months, Trump had been publicly flirting with the idea of running for president. At some point, he mulled announcing his final decision on the season finale of Celebrity Apprentice but then scrapped that idea. Just yesterday, NBC entertainment chairman Bob Greenblatt said on a conference call that NBC was working on plans to replace Trump on The Apprentice should he decide to run. After Trump’s statement, which drew big applause from the audience of ad buyers, Greenblatt quipped, “Every network wants to make news at its upfront. Try topping that!” UPDATE: At NBC’s lunch after the presentation, I heard that Trump informed NBC brass on Friday that he wanted to come to the upfront. Greenblatt told me that the network executives had a hunch that he might announce that he would stay on The Apprentice but didn’t know for sure until this morning.
Donald Trump Announces He Won't Run For President And Will Return To 'Apprentice'
What's Hot on Deadline
Mark Ruffalo To Star In HBO Limited Drama Series In Works From Derek Cianfrance Based On Wally Lamb Book
Latest TV News
- Univision Amps Up Criticism Of Verizon In Carriage Dispute, Cites Support From Congress, Hispanic Media Group
- Sophia Bush To Topline New Series Under Talent Holding & Development Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- ‘Michael Bennett’ Drama Based On James Patterson's Book Series In Works At ABC
- John Kelly Defends Donald Trump’s Call To Soldier’s Widow, Blasts Frederica Wilson At Briefing
- Mipcom Gets Crafty, Social Ups Ante, Broadcasters Face Streaming Squeeze
- Donald Trump: “Disgrace” That Media “Won’t” Cover “Real Russia Story” From…