BREAKING: Disney has staked out the weekend of March 8, 2013 to release the Sam Raimi-directed 3D Oz: The Great and Powerful. The film is still casting, but James Franco stars as the title character, with Mila Kunis playing Theodora, Michelle Williams in talks to play Glinda and Rachel Weisz in talks to play Evanora. The film begins production late July in Michigan. Franco plays the charlatan circus magician whose balloon is blown off course. It lands in Oz, where he’s treated as a real wizard by the colorful citizens who see him as the man to rid the lands of a wicked witch. Mitchell Kapner and David Lindsay-Abaire wrote the script, and Joe Roth is producing. Josh Donen and Grant Curtis are also producing and Palak Patel is exec producer.
Disney Sets 'Oz: The Great And Powerful' For March 8, 2013
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2' Review: Chris Pratt Leads Best Marvel Cast Ever To Save The Universe (And This Sequel)
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Trailer: Julianne Moore, Channing Tatum & Jeff Bridges Join The Action For Round 2
Latest Film News
- ‘Transformers’ Tom DeSanto, China’s CITIC Guoan Pact On Co-Productions
- Sundance London Announces Lineup; ‘A Ghost Story’ Set To Close Event
- Directors’ Fortnight Adds Title; Karlovy Vary Sets Tributes – Global Briefs
- Dustin Hoffman Grills Noah Baumbach (And Gets Grilled Too): Tribeca Film Festival
- ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Trailer: Julianne Moore, Channing Tatum & Jeff Bridges Join The Action For…
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2’ Review: Chris Pratt Leads Best Marvel Cast Ever To Save The Universe (And…