BREAKING: Disney has staked out the weekend of March 8, 2013 to release the Sam Raimi-directed 3D Oz: The Great and Powerful. The film is still casting, but James Franco stars as the title character, with Mila Kunis playing Theodora, Michelle Williams in talks to play Glinda and Rachel Weisz in talks to play Evanora. The film begins production late July in Michigan. Franco plays the charlatan circus magician whose balloon is blown off course. It lands in Oz, where he’s treated as a real wizard by the colorful citizens who see him as the man to rid the lands of a wicked witch. Mitchell Kapner and David Lindsay-Abaire wrote the script, and Joe Roth is producing. Josh Donen and Grant Curtis are also producing and Palak Patel is exec producer.
Disney Sets 'Oz: The Great And Powerful' For March 8, 2013
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Al Gore Tests Box Office Climate With 'An Inconvenient Sequel'; New Pics With Cotillard, Butler & Cera…
- ‘The Murders Of Molly Southbourne’ Picked Up By Cathy Schulman’s Welle Entertainment
- New ‘Flint’ Water Crisis Documentary Unveiled At Traverse City Film Festival
- George Clooney Promises Legal Action Over Paparazzi Photos Of Infants
- Marty Sklar Dies: Longtime Imagineer, Theme Park Designer & Walt Disney’s “Right-Hand Man” Was 83
- Peter Bart: Police Sadism In ‘Detroit’ May Stir Audiences, But Will It Also Provoke Them?