BREAKING: Disney has staked out the weekend of March 8, 2013 to release the Sam Raimi-directed 3D Oz: The Great and Powerful. The film is still casting, but James Franco stars as the title character, with Mila Kunis playing Theodora, Michelle Williams in talks to play Glinda and Rachel Weisz in talks to play Evanora. The film begins production late July in Michigan. Franco plays the charlatan circus magician whose balloon is blown off course. It lands in Oz, where he’s treated as a real wizard by the colorful citizens who see him as the man to rid the lands of a wicked witch. Mitchell Kapner and David Lindsay-Abaire wrote the script, and Joe Roth is producing. Josh Donen and Grant Curtis are also producing and Palak Patel is exec producer.
Disney Sets 'Oz: The Great And Powerful' For March 8, 2013
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Donald Trump Unleashes Base On Jeff Sessions With Tweet Demanding DOJ Investigate Obama In Russia Probe
Ousted Weinstein Company COO David Glasser To File $85M Lawsuit Against Board Members, Alleging He Has Been Made A Scapegoat
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest Film News
- With ‘The Breadwinner’ & ‘First They Killed My Father’, Angelina Jolie Casts Light On Children In…
- David Rubin Named President, Physical Production At Global Road Entertainment
- ‘Midnight Rider’ Case: Sarah Jones’ Parents In Court To Try To Prevent Director Randall Miller’s Ask…
- ‘Black Panther’ Leaps Over $200M Offshore; Lands $462M WW Through Tuesday
- Laurie Metcalf On Her Oscar-Nominated ‘Lady Bird’, Returning To ‘Roseanne’ & How B’way Co-Star Glenda Jackson Is A “Monster”…
- Harvey Weinstein Wants Class Action Tossed; Cites Meryl Streep As Shield