It’s not huge money for a guy who made $4.9 million last year. Still, Discovery Communications provided a nice financial sweetener to help COO Peter Liguori ease into his new gig as interim CEO of OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network. The company has promised him a one-time bonus for 2011 that will be at least $250,000 and could go as high as $500,000 depending on OWN’s performance, Discovery says in an SEC filing. He’d still be entitled to the bonus if he’s fired without cause, or has a good reason to quit. Discovery also says it will pay Liguori $60,000 to “defray the cost of his apartment in Washington, D.C.,” and give him up to $2,500 to move to Los Angeles, where OWN is headquartered. Discovery has assured Liguori that he’ll run OWN at least into 2012.
Discovery Communications Gives Peter Liguori A Cash Bump For OWN Move
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- Vince Vaughn-Produced ‘Fearless With Tim Ferriss’ Gets Premiere Date On Audience Network
- California Bill To Boost Funding For Hollywood Job Training Passes Committee
- Studios & WGA Can’t Even Agree On Lost Revenues From Last Strike
- Rita Moreno On Her EGOT Wins, Affairs With Brando & Elvis (!) And Taking Life ‘One Day At A Time’ – The Actor’s…
- Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir ‘Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?’ For TV
- Tom Hanks, Jodie Foster, David Byrne, Meryl Streep Remember Jonathan Demme