Brothers and Sisters showrunner David Marshall Grant has joined NBC’s new drama series Smash as an executive producer. He will help creator/executive producer Theresa Rebeck, a playwright and screenwriter. “I couldn’t have asked for a better partner,” Rebeck said. Based on an idea by Steven Spielberg, Smash chronicles the creation of a Broadway musical about the life of Marilyn Monroe, written by the successful songwriting duo of Tom (Christian Borle) and Julia (Debra Messing), who was based on Rebeck. Like Rebeck, Grant also has playwright background. Additionally, he has Broadway acting experience and was nominated for a Tony in 1994 for Angels in America. He joined Brothers and Sisters in Season 2 and served as showrunner for the past two seasons. On Smash, Grant will serve as an executive producer alongside Rebeck, Craig Zadan, Neil Meron, Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey.
David Marshall Grant Joins 'Smash' As EP
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Manhattan Love Story' Cancelled By ABC
- Brody Jenner & Stevie Ryan Relationship Talk Show Ordered By E! As Presentation
- Adam Davidson To Direct Pilot For 'The Walking Dead' Companion Series
- 'Two & Half Men' Co-Creator Lee Aronsohn & Marcus Wiley Sell Comedy To ABC
- Starz Ballet Drama 'Flesh And Bone' To Become Limited Series
- Paul Giamatti & Damian Lewis To Topline Showtime Pilot 'Billions'