Brothers and Sisters showrunner David Marshall Grant has joined NBC’s new drama series Smash as an executive producer. He will help creator/executive producer Theresa Rebeck, a playwright and screenwriter. “I couldn’t have asked for a better partner,” Rebeck said. Based on an idea by Steven Spielberg, Smash chronicles the creation of a Broadway musical about the life of Marilyn Monroe, written by the successful songwriting duo of Tom (Christian Borle) and Julia (Debra Messing), who was based on Rebeck. Like Rebeck, Grant also has playwright background. Additionally, he has Broadway acting experience and was nominated for a Tony in 1994 for Angels in America. He joined Brothers and Sisters in Season 2 and served as showrunner for the past two seasons. On Smash, Grant will serve as an executive producer alongside Rebeck, Craig Zadan, Neil Meron, Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey.
David Marshall Grant Joins 'Smash' As EP
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over