UPDATED: The CW has officially picked up the Sarah Michelle Gellar drama pilot Ringer, which was originally produced for CBS, along with early frontrunners Secret Circle and Hart of Dixie. On the unscripted side, as expected, CW has picked up series H8ER, which pairs celebrities with their haters. The pickups for Secret Circle and Hart of Dixie brings the number of CW series from producers Kevin Williamson and the duo of Josh Schwartz & Stephanie Savage to two each. The Vampire Diaries co-creator Williamson co-wrote the witch tale The Secret Circle with Andrew Miller, based on the Alloy books and starring Britt Robertson. And Gossip Girl co-creators Schwartz and Savage are executive producing the small-town medical drama Hart of Dixie, written by Leila Gerstein and starring Rachel Bilson. With Secret Circle, Alloy will have 2 shows on the CW next season, including Vampire Diaries and Gossip Girl. Ringer, written by Eric Charmelo and Nicole Snyder, stars Gellar as a girl on the run from the mob who assumes the identity of her twin sister. Ringer is from CBS TV Studios in association with ABC Studios, Hart of Dixie and Secret Circle from Warner Bros TV, and H8ER from Warner Horizon. All scripted series will now be co-productions between Warner Bros TV and CBS Studios.
UPDATE: CW Picks Up 'Secret Circle', 'Hart Of Dixie', 'Ringer' & 'H8ER'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Andreeva
- 'Friends' Stars Reprise Their Roles On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Family Man Comedy From Bill Wrubel Gets CBS Pilot Production Commitment
- Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama 'Nod' From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive