UPDATED: The CW has officially picked up the Sarah Michelle Gellar drama pilot Ringer, which was originally produced for CBS, along with early frontrunners Secret Circle and Hart of Dixie. On the unscripted side, as expected, CW has picked up series H8ER, which pairs celebrities with their haters. The pickups for Secret Circle and Hart of Dixie brings the number of CW series from producers Kevin Williamson and the duo of Josh Schwartz & Stephanie Savage to two each. The Vampire Diaries co-creator Williamson co-wrote the witch tale The Secret Circle with Andrew Miller, based on the Alloy books and starring Britt Robertson. And Gossip Girl co-creators Schwartz and Savage are executive producing the small-town medical drama Hart of Dixie, written by Leila Gerstein and starring Rachel Bilson. With Secret Circle, Alloy will have 2 shows on the CW next season, including Vampire Diaries and Gossip Girl. Ringer, written by Eric Charmelo and Nicole Snyder, stars Gellar as a girl on the run from the mob who assumes the identity of her twin sister. Ringer is from CBS TV Studios in association with ABC Studios, Hart of Dixie and Secret Circle from Warner Bros TV, and H8ER from Warner Horizon. All scripted series will now be co-productions between Warner Bros TV and CBS Studios.
UPDATE: CW Picks Up 'Secret Circle', 'Hart Of Dixie', 'Ringer' & 'H8ER'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ‘Empire’ Extends Record Ratings Growth Streak To 8 Weeks, ‘CSI: Cyber’ Starts OK
- Aly Michalka & Maulik Pancholy Join ABC’s Chevy Chase Pilot
- Adam Rothenberg To Star In ‘L.A. Crime'; Holley Fain Also Cast
- TV Pilot Locations 2015: New York Slips, Los Angeles & Vancouver Rebound
- Meta Golding, Colin Donnell, Monet Mazur Join NBC Pilot ‘Love Is A 4 Letter Word’