EXCLUSIVE: Craig Kilborn is looking to return to TV, this time as the creator and star of a primetime comedy series. The former Daily Show and Late Late Show host has signed a development deal with ABC Studios to write a half-hour script, to which he is attached to star and produce. After a stint as anchor of ESPN’s SportsCenter, Kilborn was tapped as the original host of Comedy Central’s The Daily Show before segueing to CBS’ The Late Late Show, which he hosted from 1999-2004. He served as a writer on both shows. Kilborn, repped by Innovative Artists, stayed largely off the radar for six years before he did a talk show, The Kilborn Files, which ran on the Fox stations last year.
Craig Kilborn Signs Development Deal With ABC Studios To Write And Star In Comedy
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
'Dear Basketball' Scribe Kobe Bryant On A Career Built "Piece By Piece" And Life After Basketball — Tribeca Studio
Martin Scorsese, Leonardo DiCaprio & Robert De Niro Eyeing 'Killers Of The Flower Moon' From Eric Roth Adaptation
Latest TV News
- Norman Lear To Host Weekly Podcast; Amy Poehler, Julia Louis-Dreyfus Among Guests
- Netflix To Seek €1B In Debt To Help Pay For Original Programming
- EOne, Aquarius Board Aussie Series ‘The Other Guy’; Studiocanal Picks Up ‘American Gods’; Viceland Producing Comedy ‘Brexit Stage…
- 'Feud: Bette and Joan' Finale: EP Tim Minear Avoided A "Petty Bitchfest"
- ‘Genius’ Stars Geoffrey Rush & Johnny Flynn On Their Shared Task Of Humanizing Albert Einstein…
- BAFTA TV Craft Award Winners Include ‘The Crown’, ‘The Night Manager’, ‘National Treasure’…