I hate TV talent shows, and I loathe country music. So I can’t believe that 17-year-old Scotty McCreery, a country crooner from North Carolina, was crowned Fox’s Season 10 American Idol tonight during the live two-hour season finale. Can you? Fox says it received a record-shattering total of over 122 million votes. McCreery beat finalist Lauren Alaina, whom judge Steve Tyler declared “The One” after her very first audition. To me, all the contestants on these singing shows sound like cats being strangled.
Country Crooner Wins 'Idol' (Say It Ain't So!)
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Fast & Furious' Animated Series Set At Netflix Based On Universal Movies As Deal With DreamWorks Animation TV Expands
Latest TV News
- ‘Mayans MC’: Tony Plana Set To Recur In FX's 'Sons Of Anarchy' Spinoff
- ‘Harlots’ Gets Season 2 Premiere Date On Hulu
- ‘Westworld’ Season 2 Premiere Ratings Steady With Series Debut
- Joan Konner Dies: Award-Winning TV Producer, Columbia School Of Journalism Dean Was 87
- NBA Star Stephen Curry Inks Film & TV Deal With Sony
- White House Mum On Possible Michael Cohen Pardon, EPA Chief Scott Pruitt Fate