I hate TV talent shows, and I loathe country music. So I can’t believe that 17-year-old Scotty McCreery, a country crooner from North Carolina, was crowned Fox’s Season 10 American Idol tonight during the live two-hour season finale. Can you? Fox says it received a record-shattering total of over 122 million votes. McCreery beat finalist Lauren Alaina, whom judge Steve Tyler declared “The One” after her very first audition. To me, all the contestants on these singing shows sound like cats being strangled.
Country Crooner Wins 'Idol' (Say It Ain't So!)
What's Hot on Deadline
Model Amy Elmore Shares Harrowing Personal Abuse: "It's Time To Talk About Sexual Predators In The Modeling Business"
Latest TV News
- Dodgers Clinch World Series Berth; Can Yankees Complete Major TV Market Sweep?
- Fox Buys Native American Family Comedy From Lucas Brown Eyes & ‘It’s KatzSmith
- Sean Penn Calls Netflix’s ‘El Chapo’ Docu “Cheap” & “Reckless”; It’s Still…
- CBS Developing ‘Whistleblower’ Drama From Chris Silber & Jerry Bruckheimer TV
- ‘The Loud House' Creator Chris Savino Fired By Nickelodeon Following Sexual Harassment Allegations