EXCLUSIVE: Justin Reardon, whose highlights in commercials include co-creating (and serving as the art director) on the memorable Wassup! and the Howaydoin’ campaigns for Budweiser, will make his feature directing debut on Convention, a comedy that will be sold at the Cannes Film Festival by Hollywood Studios International. Scripted by Christopher Painter (The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius) and produced by Paul Schiff and Tai Duncan, Convention takes place at a national packaging convention, where an underachieving inventor unveils his latest creation — the 5-sided box. It seems like a game-changing innovation, until the inventor learns that each time he makes the special fold involved in assembling the box, he’s ripping a small hole in the universe. If the invention takes hold, it might end the world. The film will begin production in the fall, with HSI chairman/CEO Steven Saxton and HSI president Eric Christenson exec producing. ICM and Richard Arlook rep Reardon; Painter’s repped by Kaplan/Perrone. Here’s a reminder of the Wassup! campaign:
Commercials Director Justin Reardon Makes Screen Debut With 'Convention'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Newbie Picture Company On The Case For 'Tracking Of A Russian Spy'
- Hamptons Fest Gets 'St. Vincent' Opener; Now They Pray For St. Bill
- Bryan Cranston In 'The Great Wall' Talks
- Bryan Singer Set To Helm 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
- MGM Buys 55% Of Roma Downey And Mark Burnett's Empire; Relaunches United Artists
- Lava Bear Joins Chinese Pic 'The Bodyguard'