EXCLUSIVE: Justin Reardon, whose highlights in commercials include co-creating (and serving as the art director) on the memorable Wassup! and the Howaydoin’ campaigns for Budweiser, will make his feature directing debut on Convention, a comedy that will be sold at the Cannes Film Festival by Hollywood Studios International. Scripted by Christopher Painter (The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius) and produced by Paul Schiff and Tai Duncan, Convention takes place at a national packaging convention, where an underachieving inventor unveils his latest creation — the 5-sided box. It seems like a game-changing innovation, until the inventor learns that each time he makes the special fold involved in assembling the box, he’s ripping a small hole in the universe. If the invention takes hold, it might end the world. The film will begin production in the fall, with HSI chairman/CEO Steven Saxton and HSI president Eric Christenson exec producing. ICM and Richard Arlook rep Reardon; Painter’s repped by Kaplan/Perrone. Here’s a reminder of the Wassup! campaign:
Commercials Director Justin Reardon Makes Screen Debut With 'Convention'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Lochte Teammate James Feigen Apologizes, Details Rio Gas Station Gaffe & Brazilian Authorities' Big Fine Demands
Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters 'Barakah Meets Barakah' In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom's Second Submission Ever
Vice's Shane Smith To Big Media: "Open Sh*t Up" Or Alienate A Generation; Predicts M&A Frenzy; Talks Disney - Edinburgh
Latest Film News
- TriStar Nails Attica Prison Riot Book For Amy Pascal; Second Project In Works About 1971 Uprising
- Marketing Exec VP Loren Schwartz Leaving Warner Bros.
- ‘Don’t Breathe’ Review: Don’t Go
- ‘Rings’ Trailer: Samara Returns In The Digital Era
- Doug Liman Will Direct DC Title ‘Justice League Dark’ For Warner Bros
- ‘Manchester By The Sea’ Trailer: First Look At Kenneth Lonergan’s Family Drama Starring Casey Affleck