EXCLUSIVE: Justin Reardon, whose highlights in commercials include co-creating (and serving as the art director) on the memorable Wassup! and the Howaydoin’ campaigns for Budweiser, will make his feature directing debut on Convention, a comedy that will be sold at the Cannes Film Festival by Hollywood Studios International. Scripted by Christopher Painter (The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius) and produced by Paul Schiff and Tai Duncan, Convention takes place at a national packaging convention, where an underachieving inventor unveils his latest creation — the 5-sided box. It seems like a game-changing innovation, until the inventor learns that each time he makes the special fold involved in assembling the box, he’s ripping a small hole in the universe. If the invention takes hold, it might end the world. The film will begin production in the fall, with HSI chairman/CEO Steven Saxton and HSI president Eric Christenson exec producing. ICM and Richard Arlook rep Reardon; Painter’s repped by Kaplan/Perrone. Here’s a reminder of the Wassup! campaign:
Commercials Director Justin Reardon Makes Screen Debut With 'Convention'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- Guillermo Del Toro On Enthralling & Energizing Jury Experience – Cannes Q&A
- Studiocanal & Switzerland’s Impuls Enter Output Deal – Cannes
- ‘Tomorrowland,’ ‘Pitch Perfect’ Compete As ‘Mad Max’ Holds Strong; ‘Ultron’ To Cross $400M – Box…
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- New ‘Black Mass’ Trailer: Parenting Advice From Whitey Bulger
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA