EXCLUSIVE: Justin Reardon, whose highlights in commercials include co-creating (and serving as the art director) on the memorable Wassup! and the Howaydoin’ campaigns for Budweiser, will make his feature directing debut on Convention, a comedy that will be sold at the Cannes Film Festival by Hollywood Studios International. Scripted by Christopher Painter (The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius) and produced by Paul Schiff and Tai Duncan, Convention takes place at a national packaging convention, where an underachieving inventor unveils his latest creation — the 5-sided box. It seems like a game-changing innovation, until the inventor learns that each time he makes the special fold involved in assembling the box, he’s ripping a small hole in the universe. If the invention takes hold, it might end the world. The film will begin production in the fall, with HSI chairman/CEO Steven Saxton and HSI president Eric Christenson exec producing. ICM and Richard Arlook rep Reardon; Painter’s repped by Kaplan/Perrone. Here’s a reminder of the Wassup! campaign:
Commercials Director Justin Reardon Makes Screen Debut With 'Convention'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein Drew Up 91-Name List For Investigators To Target: Report
- Little People Played Big Enough At A Guild Screening Of Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure
- Ann Wedgeworth Dies: ‘Three’s Company’, ‘Sweet Dreams’ Actress Was 83
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks