EXCLUSIVE: Justin Reardon, whose highlights in commercials include co-creating (and serving as the art director) on the memorable Wassup! and the Howaydoin’ campaigns for Budweiser, will make his feature directing debut on Convention, a comedy that will be sold at the Cannes Film Festival by Hollywood Studios International. Scripted by Christopher Painter (The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius) and produced by Paul Schiff and Tai Duncan, Convention takes place at a national packaging convention, where an underachieving inventor unveils his latest creation — the 5-sided box. It seems like a game-changing innovation, until the inventor learns that each time he makes the special fold involved in assembling the box, he’s ripping a small hole in the universe. If the invention takes hold, it might end the world. The film will begin production in the fall, with HSI chairman/CEO Steven Saxton and HSI president Eric Christenson exec producing. ICM and Richard Arlook rep Reardon; Painter’s repped by Kaplan/Perrone. Here’s a reminder of the Wassup! campaign:
Commercials Director Justin Reardon Makes Screen Debut With 'Convention'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; 'Mother's Day' Has Edge Over 'Keanu' - Update
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest Film News
- Seth Grahame-Smith Bolts From WB’s ‘The Flash’; Search On For New Director
- ‘Maze Runner’ Sequel Production Shut Down Indefinitely For Dylan O’Brien Recovery – Update
- Sierra/Affinity Boards Andrew Niccol’s Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Anon’ – Cannes
- ‘Jungle Book’ Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; ‘Mother’s Day’ Has Edge Over ‘Keanu…
- The Orchard Promotes Paul Davidson To Exec VP
- Home Entertainment Spending Fell 9% In Q1 Not Including Streaming Services