EXCLUSIVE: Getting feature directors to helm pilots was a hot trend this development season. CBS is already looking to extend it to next season, signing a deal with Harry Potter director Chris Columbus. Under the 3-for-1 pact, Columbus will develop three projects for CBS though CBS TV Studios and his 1492 Pictures. The goal is for one of them to go to pilot, which Columbus will direct and executive produce. This will mark the TV directing debut for the WME-repped Columbus, who helmed the first two Harry Potter and Home Alone movies as well as Mrs. Doubtfire and, most recently, the adventure Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief. He also produced the upcoming DreamWorks movie The Help.
Chris Columbus Inks 3-For-1 Deal With CBS
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate