EXCLUSIVE: Getting feature directors to helm pilots was a hot trend this development season. CBS is already looking to extend it to next season, signing a deal with Harry Potter director Chris Columbus. Under the 3-for-1 pact, Columbus will develop three projects for CBS though CBS TV Studios and his 1492 Pictures. The goal is for one of them to go to pilot, which Columbus will direct and executive produce. This will mark the TV directing debut for the WME-repped Columbus, who helmed the first two Harry Potter and Home Alone movies as well as Mrs. Doubtfire and, most recently, the adventure Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief. He also produced the upcoming DreamWorks movie The Help.
Chris Columbus Inks 3-For-1 Deal With CBS
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest TV News
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel