Judge Judy star Judy Sheindlin is already poised to become the undisputed queen of daytime TV when Oprah Winfrey signs off later this month. Now Judge Judy producer CBS TV Distribution has moved in to try extend her reign with a new deal that will keep Sheindlin on the top-rated court show through 2015. “Judy is in a class by herself,” CTD president John Nogawski said. “For 15 years, she’s delivered one of the highest-rated shows in all of syndication. She’s at the top of her game, and we’re excited to be in business with daytime’s #1 star.” In its 15th season, Judge Judy is the most watched show in daytime television with an average of 10 million viewers. In the 2009-10 season, it finished No. 1, the first time any daytime program had surpassed Oprah in a decade. The 68-year-old recently had a health scare when she didn’t feel well during a taping of the show and was taken to the hospital for observation.
CBS TV Distribution Signs 'Judge Judy' Star Judy Sheindlin Through 2015
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2' Review: Chris Pratt Leads Best Marvel Cast Ever To Save The Universe (And This Sequel)
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Trailer: Julianne Moore, Channing Tatum & Jeff Bridges Join The Action For Round 2
Latest TV News
- NBA Awards Tipping Off In June On TNT
- Jason Jones & Samantha Bee’s ‘The Detour’ Renewed For Season 3 By TBS
- Apple Music Delays Release Of ‘Carpool Karaoke: The Series’
- ‘Descendants 2’ Set For Simultaneous July Premiere On Five Disney|ABC Television Group Networks
- Netflix Scales Chinese Entry Wall By Striking Licensing Deal With iQiyi
- ‘Rainbow Rangers’: Nickelodeon Acquires CGI-Animated Preschool Series From Genius Brands Int’l