Judge Judy star Judy Sheindlin is already poised to become the undisputed queen of daytime TV when Oprah Winfrey signs off later this month. Now Judge Judy producer CBS TV Distribution has moved in to try extend her reign with a new deal that will keep Sheindlin on the top-rated court show through 2015. “Judy is in a class by herself,” CTD president John Nogawski said. “For 15 years, she’s delivered one of the highest-rated shows in all of syndication. She’s at the top of her game, and we’re excited to be in business with daytime’s #1 star.” In its 15th season, Judge Judy is the most watched show in daytime television with an average of 10 million viewers. In the 2009-10 season, it finished No. 1, the first time any daytime program had surpassed Oprah in a decade. The 68-year-old recently had a health scare when she didn’t feel well during a taping of the show and was taken to the hospital for observation.
CBS TV Distribution Signs 'Judge Judy' Star Judy Sheindlin Through 2015
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- ‘The Outsider’ Trailer: Jared Leto Fights The Current In New Netflix Film
- Tara Lipinski, Johnny Weir & Terry Gannon To Host Olympics Closing Ceremony
- eOne Teams With Vicky Jones & Phoebe Waller-Bridge On Romantic Comedy Thriller Series ‘Run’
- ‘Taskmaster’ Bumper Order; Pro7 CEO; London LGBTQ+ Film Festival – Global Briefs
- Electric Ray Developing UK Version Of CTV’s ‘The Launch’ After Distribution Deal with Sony…
- Olympics Commentator Goes Wild After Kikkan Randall And Jessie Diggins Win Cross-Country Gold