What a day! CBS just joined the pickup frenzy with orders to its two hottest pilots on the drama and comedy side. The network is making calls to producers at the moment, and the first to get one was none other than J.J. Abrams, whose Person of Interest has been picked up to series. The crime drama written by Jonah Nolan and starring Jim Caviezel and Michael Emerson had been building momentum, recently emerging as the frontrunner at the network on the drama side. Also picked up is the Michael Patrick King/Whitney Cummings comedy Two Broke Girls starring Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs. While Cummings will do her new NBC comedy series, which is in first position, King, whose NBC drama pilot A Mann’s World didn’t go forward, is expected to be full-time on the CBS comedy, probably co-running it with another comedy writer-producer.
UPDATE: CBS Picks Up 'Person Of Interest' & 'Two Broke Girls' To Series
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Boyhood’, 'Grand Budapest', 'Lego Movie' Score Big At 65th ACE Eddie Awards -- Complete Winners List
Bryan Cranston & David Shore's ‘Sneaky Pete’, Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres