In the battle of the bubble crime-drama spinoffs, veteran CSI: NY won a reprieve with a last-minute renewal, while freshman Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior is being canceled after a short midseason run. I hear the size of the order for CSI: NY has not been set. There has been speculation that it may not be a full-season 22 episodes. It came down to the wire between the two series, both owned by CBS. Yesterday, CBS made all other freshman cancellations — The Defenders, $#*! My Dad Says and Mad Love — but left Suspect Behavior in contention. Given the great success CBS has had with expanding its CSI and NCIS crime drama franchises, Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior has been a disappointment, never finding its footing behind the mothership Criminal Minds series on Wednesday. Meanwhile, while taking a dive in the ratings in its move from Wednesday to Friday this season, CSI: NY has a rich off-network syndication deal and sells well internationally. P.S.: For those who keep asking about The Good Wife, it is not in danger. Neither is Blue Bloods.
CBS Renews 'CSI: NY', Cancels 'Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior'
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Cast And EPs Talk “Huge Twist” And Final Episodes – PaleyFest
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- NCAA Basketball Tops Friday Ratings; ‘The Originals’, ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Tick Up In Demo