In the battle of the bubble crime-drama spinoffs, veteran CSI: NY won a reprieve with a last-minute renewal, while freshman Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior is being canceled after a short midseason run. I hear the size of the order for CSI: NY has not been set. There has been speculation that it may not be a full-season 22 episodes. It came down to the wire between the two series, both owned by CBS. Yesterday, CBS made all other freshman cancellations — The Defenders, $#*! My Dad Says and Mad Love — but left Suspect Behavior in contention. Given the great success CBS has had with expanding its CSI and NCIS crime drama franchises, Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior has been a disappointment, never finding its footing behind the mothership Criminal Minds series on Wednesday. Meanwhile, while taking a dive in the ratings in its move from Wednesday to Friday this season, CSI: NY has a rich off-network syndication deal and sells well internationally. P.S.: For those who keep asking about The Good Wife, it is not in danger. Neither is Blue Bloods.
CBS Renews 'CSI: NY', Cancels 'Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
CNN's Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As "Fantasyland", Glenn Beck Calls Tapper's Town Hall "Grotesque"
Berlin Film Festival Winners: 'Touch Me Not' Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For 'Isle Of Dogs' - Full List
'Black Panther' Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; 'Red Sea' Rises In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- CNN’s Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As “Fantasyland”, Glenn Beck Calls Tapper’s Town Hall “Grotesque”…
- Regan Arts Sells Story Of California’s Leading Abortionist For TV Development
- Olympics Ratings Slide To Icy 2018 Low, Slightly Up From Sochi 2014 On Last Night
- Top BBC Presenter Claims Class Pay Gap As Wide As Gender Pay Gap
- ‘The Simpsons’ Predicted USA’s Olympic Gold Medal Win In Curling Eight Years Ago
- Omarosa Talks About Writing A Tell-All on ‘Celebrity Big Brother’, Says She Has To “Tell Her Truth”