In the battle of the bubble crime-drama spinoffs, veteran CSI: NY won a reprieve with a last-minute renewal, while freshman Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior is being canceled after a short midseason run. I hear the size of the order for CSI: NY has not been set. There has been speculation that it may not be a full-season 22 episodes. It came down to the wire between the two series, both owned by CBS. Yesterday, CBS made all other freshman cancellations — The Defenders, $#*! My Dad Says and Mad Love — but left Suspect Behavior in contention. Given the great success CBS has had with expanding its CSI and NCIS crime drama franchises, Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior has been a disappointment, never finding its footing behind the mothership Criminal Minds series on Wednesday. Meanwhile, while taking a dive in the ratings in its move from Wednesday to Friday this season, CSI: NY has a rich off-network syndication deal and sells well internationally. P.S.: For those who keep asking about The Good Wife, it is not in danger. Neither is Blue Bloods.
CBS Renews 'CSI: NY', Cancels 'Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior'
What's Hot on Deadline
Earth Will Feel The Power Of The Force Again: Disney's 'Rogue One' On Course For $280M-$350M Global Opening - Preview
'Moana' Pushes 'Office Christmas Party' Off Her Turf; 'La La Land' Hits High Notes - Early AM B.O. Update
How 'La La Land' Director Damien Chazelle, His Team & Lionsgate Faced The Music & Resurrected The Original Hollywood Musical
'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2' Shoots Web Around Independence Day 2019; 'Bad Boys 4' Moves To Memorial Day
Latest TV News
- ‘Breaking Bad’s Walter White For DEA, Says Baldwin-Free ‘SNL’ Cold Open
- Dwayne Johnson & Jimmy Fallon Reunite Military Family On ‘Tonight Show’; Real Tears Ensue
- New ‘Sherlock’ S4 Trailer: “What’s The Very Worst Thing You Can Do To Your Very Best Friends?”
- ‘Blue Bloods’ Ratings Top Night, ’20/20′ Falls, ‘Exorcist’ & ‘Crazy…
- Arrested ‘Silicon Valley’ Star T.J. Miller Keeps Critics’ Choice Hosting Gig
- Donald Trump On Role In ‘Celebrity Apprentice’: “Zero Time” But “Big Stake”; Slams CNN As “Fake News”…