CBS Films has acquired the rights to Marc Maurino’s original screenplay Inside the Machine, the company announced today. Beau Flynn and Tripp Vinson are attached to produce for ContraFilm, which brought the project to CBS. The story centers on an undercover ATF agent who infiltrates a vicious cartel and is seduced by the power and violence he finds there. “Inside The Machine is about a man struggling to keep his undercover persona from destroying his personal life,” Vinson said. “Marc Maurino has written a script that is committed to being authentic. It’s that realism and attention to detail that has us very excited to be involved with Inside The Machine.” CBS Films VP Production Mark Ross and Creative Executive Ryan Conroy are overseeing the project. Maurino is represented by UTA and managed by Circle of Confusion.
CBS Films Gets 'Inside The Machine'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- The Academy On Best Picture Oscar Snafu: “We Deeply Regret The Mistake”
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Takes “Full Responsibility” For Best Picture Blunder In New Apology
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- U.S. State Department Deletes Tweet Congratulating Iranian Director After ‘Salesman’ Oscar Win
- Jaime King To Stir It Up In ‘How To Cook Your Daughter’
- Netflix Sees $1.5B Lawsuit From Relativity Slimmed Down By Judge