This is an update of my Tuesday story that the Rob Schneider comedy pilot is in serious contention for a midseason order. CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler confirmed this morning that she plans to pick up comedy series for midseason and will focus on that when she goes back to Los Angeles. While she wouldn’t elaborate which pilots are still in the running, I hear that the two that have a real shot are the untitled Rob Schneider and Peter Knight half-hours. The Rob Schneider/Lew Morton comedy is considered likely to go to series, while the Peter Knight still has a shot too.
CBS Comedy Update: Rob Schneider & Peter Knight In Contention, Schneider Likely To Go
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Flashback: 'Friends' Premiered 20 Years Ago Today
- It's Official: AMC Picks Up Channel 4 Series 'Humans'
- Fall 2014 Preview: Cloudy Ratings Forecast & Where The Networks Stand
- Duo Of Writers Sell Assassin & Auto-Theft Dramas Produced By Chris Morgan To Fox
- 'Simpsons' Duo Adapting Spanish Blended Family Comedy 'Los Serrano' For Fox
- TNT Makes 'One Giant Leap' Into Miniseries With Neil Armstrong Project