The Zoo, the recently formed New York-based production and management company headed by Jack Turner, has started production on the comedic exploitation film Skinny Dip, which stars Sasha Grey, Pam Grier and Danny Trejo. The grindhouse-esque plot revolves around a woman (Grey) who turns into a shotgun-wielding vigilante after her boyfriend is killed. Frankie Latina is directing, and Turner and Nicholas Shumaker will produce. Elle Driver is representing the film for international sales in Cannes, while CAA/Submarine will represent domestic.
Cannes: The Zoo Begins Production On Grindhouse Comedy 'Skinny Dip'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Ropes $39M; 'Ninjago' Dulls Sword To $20M+; 'Friend Request' A Loner With $1.8M
Divorce Comedy With Royal Family Twist From Meghan Markle's Ex-Husband Trevor Engelson Set At Fox With Big Commitment
Latest Film News
- ‘Star Wars’: Ron Howard Shares “Dangerous And Desperate” Photos From Han Solo Movie Set
- Fran Drescher & Peter Bogdanovich Join ‘The Creatress’; Tilda Del Toro Boards ‘Night School’; Jaden Piner Cast In ‘BOO…
- Greta Gerwig’s ‘Lady Bird’ Going A Week Earlier In November
- Rob Morrow Joins War Drama ‘The Kill Team’
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’: Aaron McCusker Cast As Freddie Mercury Boyfriend Jim Hutton
- Elaine Brown’s ‘A Taste Of Power’ About Only Woman To Lead Black Panther Party Acquired By The Firm…