Summit Entertainment has secured U.S. rights to Snitch, a drama based on a true story that stars Dwayne Johnson and is directed by Ric Roman Waugh. The script, by Justin Haythe and Waugh, is inspired by the Frontline documentary Snitch, which follows a suburban dad (Johnson) whose teen son is sentenced to 10 years under mandatory minimum drug laws. To reduce the sentence, the father goes undercover to catch a senior drug dealer. Exclusive Media is producing with Johnson and his producing partner Dany Garcia, as well as with Frontline‘s David Fanning. The film is being co-financed by Exclusive, Participant Media and Imagenation Abu Dhabi; Exclusive Film International is handing global sales at the Cannes market. Alliance Films already has taken rights in Canada, the UK and Spain.
CANNES: Summit Grabs Rights To Dwayne Johnson-Starring Thriller 'Snitch'
What's Hot on Deadline
'NCIS' Current & Former Cast & Crew Remember Gary Glasberg: "Our Rock, Our Cheerleader, Our Team Captain" - Update
Latest Film News
- ‘True Memoirs Of An International Assassin’ Trailer: Kevin James Wrote The Book On Faux Killer
- Johnny Depp To Star in ‘Murder On The Orient Express’ At Fox
- Open Road Hires Paramount Exec Lejo Pet To Head Acquisitions
- ‘The Great Wall’ Brings Zhang Yimou & Matt Damon To New York Comic-Con
- Fox Lands ‘Operation Prince Of Freedom’ Spec; Jake Szymanski To Direct
- Jennifer Hudson Joins UK’s ‘The Voice’; Doha’s Ajyal Youth Fest Unveils Line-Up — Global Briefs