Summit Entertainment has secured U.S. rights to Snitch, a drama based on a true story that stars Dwayne Johnson and is directed by Ric Roman Waugh. The script, by Justin Haythe and Waugh, is inspired by the Frontline documentary Snitch, which follows a suburban dad (Johnson) whose teen son is sentenced to 10 years under mandatory minimum drug laws. To reduce the sentence, the father goes undercover to catch a senior drug dealer. Exclusive Media is producing with Johnson and his producing partner Dany Garcia, as well as with Frontline‘s David Fanning. The film is being co-financed by Exclusive, Participant Media and Imagenation Abu Dhabi; Exclusive Film International is handing global sales at the Cannes market. Alliance Films already has taken rights in Canada, the UK and Spain.
CANNES: Summit Grabs Rights To Dwayne Johnson-Starring Thriller 'Snitch'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
Latest Film News
- New Yorker Cover Revisits Sexual Harassment At Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Studiocanal, Neal Street Climb Enid Blyton’s ‘Magic Faraway Tree’; Simon Farnaby To Pen
- Charles Manson: Finally, Death Gets One Right
- Read Weinstein Bidder Maria Contreras-Sweet’s Pitch: $275 Million And Female-Centric Leadership
- ‘A Wrinkle In Time’ Trailer Includes New Fantastical Footage From Disney’s Ava DuVernay-Directed Adaptation
- ‘Justice League’ Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; ‘Thor’ Rocks To $738M Global – International…