Summit Entertainment has secured U.S. rights to Snitch, a drama based on a true story that stars Dwayne Johnson and is directed by Ric Roman Waugh. The script, by Justin Haythe and Waugh, is inspired by the Frontline documentary Snitch, which follows a suburban dad (Johnson) whose teen son is sentenced to 10 years under mandatory minimum drug laws. To reduce the sentence, the father goes undercover to catch a senior drug dealer. Exclusive Media is producing with Johnson and his producing partner Dany Garcia, as well as with Frontline‘s David Fanning. The film is being co-financed by Exclusive, Participant Media and Imagenation Abu Dhabi; Exclusive Film International is handing global sales at the Cannes market. Alliance Films already has taken rights in Canada, the UK and Spain.
CANNES: Summit Grabs Rights To Dwayne Johnson-Starring Thriller 'Snitch'
What's Hot on Deadline
FX Orders Ryan Murphy Anthology Series 'Feud', Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon To Star In First Installment: Crawford v Davis
X Japan Docu 'We Are X' Picked Up By Mongrel International; Simon West Attached To Helm 'War Wolf' - Cannes
20th Century Fox Taps BOOM! Superhero Tale 'Irredeemable'; Adam McKay Helms, Tommy Wirkola Scripting
Latest Film News
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Directors Joe & Anthony Russo On Their Strange Road To Marvel Mavens; Q&A
- ‘Vaxxed’s Cinema Libre Teams With China’s Gaia To Expand U.S. Release, Head To Asia
- NPR Inks With Bungalow|Storied Media Group To Help Tell Its Tales
- ‘Desierto’ Closing Night Film Of LA Film Festival; ‘People Vs. O.J. Simpson’ Event To Take Place
- Roger Avary Directing ‘Unwind’, Voltage Teaming With Constantin Films: Cannes
- Peter Bart: Amazon Spends Big On Woody Allen & Whit Stillman Events To Launch Its Director-Driven Move Into Film