Summit Entertainment has secured U.S. rights to Snitch, a drama based on a true story that stars Dwayne Johnson and is directed by Ric Roman Waugh. The script, by Justin Haythe and Waugh, is inspired by the Frontline documentary Snitch, which follows a suburban dad (Johnson) whose teen son is sentenced to 10 years under mandatory minimum drug laws. To reduce the sentence, the father goes undercover to catch a senior drug dealer. Exclusive Media is producing with Johnson and his producing partner Dany Garcia, as well as with Frontline‘s David Fanning. The film is being co-financed by Exclusive, Participant Media and Imagenation Abu Dhabi; Exclusive Film International is handing global sales at the Cannes market. Alliance Films already has taken rights in Canada, the UK and Spain.
CANNES: Summit Grabs Rights To Dwayne Johnson-Starring Thriller 'Snitch'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' [Video]
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake