Summit Entertainment has secured U.S. rights to Snitch, a drama based on a true story that stars Dwayne Johnson and is directed by Ric Roman Waugh. The script, by Justin Haythe and Waugh, is inspired by the Frontline documentary Snitch, which follows a suburban dad (Johnson) whose teen son is sentenced to 10 years under mandatory minimum drug laws. To reduce the sentence, the father goes undercover to catch a senior drug dealer. Exclusive Media is producing with Johnson and his producing partner Dany Garcia, as well as with Frontline‘s David Fanning. The film is being co-financed by Exclusive, Participant Media and Imagenation Abu Dhabi; Exclusive Film International is handing global sales at the Cannes market. Alliance Films already has taken rights in Canada, the UK and Spain.
CANNES: Summit Grabs Rights To Dwayne Johnson-Starring Thriller 'Snitch'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Oscar Winner Chris Terrio Returning To CAA
- Gotham Awards Winners List – ‘Spotlight’, ‘Tangerine’, ‘Diary’ And More
- Gotham Awards 2015 Live Blog – ‘Spotlight’ Leads With Wins Including Best Feature
- Bold Films Boards Barbie Origin Story ‘Barbie And Ruth’; Reese Witherspoon Eyed To Star
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Gets China Release Date; Local Poster Unveiled
- Will ‘Star Wars’ Take All The Air Out Of The Christmas Box Office? – Monday B.O. Postmortem