Summit Entertainment has secured U.S. rights to Snitch, a drama based on a true story that stars Dwayne Johnson and is directed by Ric Roman Waugh. The script, by Justin Haythe and Waugh, is inspired by the Frontline documentary Snitch, which follows a suburban dad (Johnson) whose teen son is sentenced to 10 years under mandatory minimum drug laws. To reduce the sentence, the father goes undercover to catch a senior drug dealer. Exclusive Media is producing with Johnson and his producing partner Dany Garcia, as well as with Frontline‘s David Fanning. The film is being co-financed by Exclusive, Participant Media and Imagenation Abu Dhabi; Exclusive Film International is handing global sales at the Cannes market. Alliance Films already has taken rights in Canada, the UK and Spain.
CANNES: Summit Grabs Rights To Dwayne Johnson-Starring Thriller 'Snitch'
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Rules Soft Super Bowl Weekend; Auds Give $11M & Thumb Down 'Caesar' - Saturday AM Update
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Paramount Lands 'Conquest'; Plan To Re-Team 'The Revenant's Leonardo DiCaprio And Scribe Mark L. Smith
Latest Film News
- DGA Awards: Inarritu’s Big Win Gives Momentum To ‘Revenant’ But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
- Annie Awards: ‘Inside Out’ Takes Best Animated Feature – Complete Winners List
- Annie Awards Livestream & Winners List
- DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For ‘The Revenant’; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For ‘Game Of Thrones’…
- New ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Trailer”: Lionsgate Unleashes Super Bowl Spot A Day Early
- Deadline’s DGA Awards Live Blog