Summit Entertainment has secured U.S. rights to Snitch, a drama based on a true story that stars Dwayne Johnson and is directed by Ric Roman Waugh. The script, by Justin Haythe and Waugh, is inspired by the Frontline documentary Snitch, which follows a suburban dad (Johnson) whose teen son is sentenced to 10 years under mandatory minimum drug laws. To reduce the sentence, the father goes undercover to catch a senior drug dealer. Exclusive Media is producing with Johnson and his producing partner Dany Garcia, as well as with Frontline‘s David Fanning. The film is being co-financed by Exclusive, Participant Media and Imagenation Abu Dhabi; Exclusive Film International is handing global sales at the Cannes market. Alliance Films already has taken rights in Canada, the UK and Spain.
CANNES: Summit Grabs Rights To Dwayne Johnson-Starring Thriller 'Snitch'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Sets $12M Pantelion Record, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty With $10M+, 'Circle' A Square As 'F8' Leads Listless Weekend
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Past $1B At Worldwide Box Office; Tops 'Furious 7' For New China Record
Latest Film News
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2’ Zooms With $101.2M Bow – International Box Office
- WGA & AMPTP: Rare Sunday Talks “Moving Closer” To Deal
- 'Colossal' Crosses $2M As 'Natasha', 'Obit' and 'Buster's Mal Heart' Bow Solid – Specialty Box Office
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Drives Past $1B At Worldwide Box Office; Tops ‘Furious 7’ For New China Record
- No Omerta As Coppola, Pacino And Cast Recall ‘Godfather’ Shoot – Tribeca
- Barbra Streisand Talks Filmmaking, Music & ‘A Star Is Born’ Clashes – Tribeca