Summit Entertainment has secured U.S. rights to Snitch, a drama based on a true story that stars Dwayne Johnson and is directed by Ric Roman Waugh. The script, by Justin Haythe and Waugh, is inspired by the Frontline documentary Snitch, which follows a suburban dad (Johnson) whose teen son is sentenced to 10 years under mandatory minimum drug laws. To reduce the sentence, the father goes undercover to catch a senior drug dealer. Exclusive Media is producing with Johnson and his producing partner Dany Garcia, as well as with Frontline‘s David Fanning. The film is being co-financed by Exclusive, Participant Media and Imagenation Abu Dhabi; Exclusive Film International is handing global sales at the Cannes market. Alliance Films already has taken rights in Canada, the UK and Spain.
CANNES: Summit Grabs Rights To Dwayne Johnson-Starring Thriller 'Snitch'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly Victim Of "Orchestrated Campaign" Fox News Says As He Responds To One Of New Reports – Update
More From Team
- ‘Daredevil’ Key Art Revealed: Charlie Cox As Netflix’s Superhero
- Kate Shaw Joins ABC News Covering Supreme Court, Legal Issues On Hill
- ‘CSI’ Goes Worldwide For Shot At The Guinness Book Of Records
- Jane Turton Upped To CEO At All3Media
- Stone Village Is Ringmaster Of ‘Circus Mirandus’ Rights
- Fox Writers Intensive Finalists Named