Summit Entertainment has secured U.S. rights to Snitch, a drama based on a true story that stars Dwayne Johnson and is directed by Ric Roman Waugh. The script, by Justin Haythe and Waugh, is inspired by the Frontline documentary Snitch, which follows a suburban dad (Johnson) whose teen son is sentenced to 10 years under mandatory minimum drug laws. To reduce the sentence, the father goes undercover to catch a senior drug dealer. Exclusive Media is producing with Johnson and his producing partner Dany Garcia, as well as with Frontline‘s David Fanning. The film is being co-financed by Exclusive, Participant Media and Imagenation Abu Dhabi; Exclusive Film International is handing global sales at the Cannes market. Alliance Films already has taken rights in Canada, the UK and Spain.
CANNES: Summit Grabs Rights To Dwayne Johnson-Starring Thriller 'Snitch'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Revenge' Ratings Leap After Cancellation, 'Secrets & Lies', 'Last Man On Earth' & 'Madam Secretary' Finales Even
'Last Man On Earth' Finale: EPs Phil Lord & Christopher Miller Tease "Awesome" Season 2 & Post-Apocalyptic Fun
Latest Film News
- ‘Horrible Bosses 2′ Helmer Sean Anders Re-Unites With Jennifer Aniston In ‘Mean Moms’
- 12th Annual ScriptFest, Great American PitchFest Dedicated To Sarah Jones
- Courtney Love Joins James Franco’s ‘The Long Home’
- ‘Ride’ Review: Helen Hunt Catches The Indie Wave & Stands Tall
- ‘Ultron’ Outpacing ‘Avengers’ & ‘IM3′ With A Final $439.8M; ‘F7′ Fuels Up – Intl B.O…
- Lionsgate Selling ‘John Wick’ Sequel At Cannes