Summit Entertainment has secured U.S. rights to Snitch, a drama based on a true story that stars Dwayne Johnson and is directed by Ric Roman Waugh. The script, by Justin Haythe and Waugh, is inspired by the Frontline documentary Snitch, which follows a suburban dad (Johnson) whose teen son is sentenced to 10 years under mandatory minimum drug laws. To reduce the sentence, the father goes undercover to catch a senior drug dealer. Exclusive Media is producing with Johnson and his producing partner Dany Garcia, as well as with Frontline‘s David Fanning. The film is being co-financed by Exclusive, Participant Media and Imagenation Abu Dhabi; Exclusive Film International is handing global sales at the Cannes market. Alliance Films already has taken rights in Canada, the UK and Spain.
CANNES: Summit Grabs Rights To Dwayne Johnson-Starring Thriller 'Snitch'
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On 'Norm Macdonald Live'
Latest Film News
- ‘Wonder Woman 2’ Gets 2019 Release Date
- ‘Bloodline’ Actor Owen Teague Joins YA Romance ‘Every Day’
- Jared Leto In Talks For ‘Bloodshot’ At Sony
- Ric Roman Waugh Nears Deal To Direct ‘Angel Has Fallen’, Next Installment Of The ‘Olympus Has…
- ‘Atomic Blonde’ Review: Charlize Theron Kicks Ass, But Spy Action Thriller Has More Fight Than Bite
- Fox, 21 Laps Land Colm McCarthy For Coast Guard Thriller