Summit Entertainment has secured U.S. rights to Snitch, a drama based on a true story that stars Dwayne Johnson and is directed by Ric Roman Waugh. The script, by Justin Haythe and Waugh, is inspired by the Frontline documentary Snitch, which follows a suburban dad (Johnson) whose teen son is sentenced to 10 years under mandatory minimum drug laws. To reduce the sentence, the father goes undercover to catch a senior drug dealer. Exclusive Media is producing with Johnson and his producing partner Dany Garcia, as well as with Frontline‘s David Fanning. The film is being co-financed by Exclusive, Participant Media and Imagenation Abu Dhabi; Exclusive Film International is handing global sales at the Cannes market. Alliance Films already has taken rights in Canada, the UK and Spain.
CANNES: Summit Grabs Rights To Dwayne Johnson-Starring Thriller 'Snitch'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Don't Breathe' Screams $26M+, Gives Sony 3rd Summer Cash Cow After 'Sausage Party', 'Shallows': Sunday Update
'Bourne' Back At #1; 'Ice Age' Skates Across $300M Offshore; 'Pets' Prances Past $700M WW - Intl Box Office
Cars Damaged During 'Leisure Seeker' Shoot In Atlanta: Production Says It Will Pay Deductibles -- Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Team Thor’: See What The God Of Thunder Was Up To During ‘Captain America: Civil War’
- ‘Bourne’ Back At #1; ‘Ice Age’ Skates Across $300M Offshore; ‘Pets’ Prances Past $700M WW – Intl…
- Cars Damaged During ‘Leisure Seeker’ Shoot In Atlanta: Production Says It Will Pay Deductibles — Update
- Werner Herzog Says He Teaches Film Students “Sacred Rite Of Trespassing”
- ‘Southside With You' Has Solid Debut Weekend Date: Specialty Box Office
- ‘Don’t Breathe’ Screams $26M+, Gives Sony 3rd Summer Cash Cow After ‘Sausage Party’, ‘Shallows’…