Summit Entertainment has secured U.S. rights to Snitch, a drama based on a true story that stars Dwayne Johnson and is directed by Ric Roman Waugh. The script, by Justin Haythe and Waugh, is inspired by the Frontline documentary Snitch, which follows a suburban dad (Johnson) whose teen son is sentenced to 10 years under mandatory minimum drug laws. To reduce the sentence, the father goes undercover to catch a senior drug dealer. Exclusive Media is producing with Johnson and his producing partner Dany Garcia, as well as with Frontline‘s David Fanning. The film is being co-financed by Exclusive, Participant Media and Imagenation Abu Dhabi; Exclusive Film International is handing global sales at the Cannes market. Alliance Films already has taken rights in Canada, the UK and Spain.
CANNES: Summit Grabs Rights To Dwayne Johnson-Starring Thriller 'Snitch'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' Targets $60M+; 'Bad Moms' Gets Sassy With $2.65M; 'Nerve' Holds Steady - Box Office Saturday AM
Latest Film News
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Nails Biggest Opening Day For Franchise – Int’l Box Office
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Targets $60M+; ‘Bad Moms’ Gets Sassy With $2.65M; ‘Nerve’ Holds Steady – Box Office…
- Actress Constance Wu Slams ‘The Great Wall’ Trailer As Whitewashing
- Vin Diesel Officially Passes 100M On Facebook But Females Are Top 2016 Social Media Stars
- Anna Gunn Talks Starring In ‘Equity’, Working With Clint Eastwood & Rumors Of ‘Breaking Bad’ And ‘Deadwood…
- Marvel’s ‘Avengers 3’ Gets Official Title With Temp Name Hung On ‘Avengers 4’