Summit Entertainment has secured U.S. rights to Snitch, a drama based on a true story that stars Dwayne Johnson and is directed by Ric Roman Waugh. The script, by Justin Haythe and Waugh, is inspired by the Frontline documentary Snitch, which follows a suburban dad (Johnson) whose teen son is sentenced to 10 years under mandatory minimum drug laws. To reduce the sentence, the father goes undercover to catch a senior drug dealer. Exclusive Media is producing with Johnson and his producing partner Dany Garcia, as well as with Frontline‘s David Fanning. The film is being co-financed by Exclusive, Participant Media and Imagenation Abu Dhabi; Exclusive Film International is handing global sales at the Cannes market. Alliance Films already has taken rights in Canada, the UK and Spain.
CANNES: Summit Grabs Rights To Dwayne Johnson-Starring Thriller 'Snitch'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Meryl Streep & Hugh Grant In ‘Florence Foster Jenkins’ – First-Look Photo
- Cohen Media Group Acquires Cannes Opening Night Film ‘Standing Tall’
- amfAR Raises €30M At Glittery Cannes Gala; Harvey Weinstein Salutes France
- ‘My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2′ Gets Spring 2016 Release Date
- ‘Carol’s Quest: Lesbian Drama’s 15-Year Journey To Cannes
- IATSE’s New Film & TV Contract Includes 3% Annual Raises, Pension Increases