Summit Entertainment has secured U.S. rights to Snitch, a drama based on a true story that stars Dwayne Johnson and is directed by Ric Roman Waugh. The script, by Justin Haythe and Waugh, is inspired by the Frontline documentary Snitch, which follows a suburban dad (Johnson) whose teen son is sentenced to 10 years under mandatory minimum drug laws. To reduce the sentence, the father goes undercover to catch a senior drug dealer. Exclusive Media is producing with Johnson and his producing partner Dany Garcia, as well as with Frontline‘s David Fanning. The film is being co-financed by Exclusive, Participant Media and Imagenation Abu Dhabi; Exclusive Film International is handing global sales at the Cannes market. Alliance Films already has taken rights in Canada, the UK and Spain.
CANNES: Summit Grabs Rights To Dwayne Johnson-Starring Thriller 'Snitch'
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Boyhood’, 'Grand Budapest', 'Lego Movie' Score Big At 65th ACE Eddie Awards -- Complete Winners List
Bryan Cranston & David Shore's ‘Sneaky Pete’ Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
More From Team
- Fox’s Lines Up Super Bowl Ad For ‘Kingsman: The Secret Service’ – Video
- Sony Nabs Rights To Sci-Fi Comic Book Series ‘Descender’
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Official Season 5 Trailer
- Fairuza Balk & Shree Crooks Join Showtime Drama ‘Ray Donovan’
- Horatio Sanz, Matt Walsh Get The Riot Act: 'A Better You' At SBIFF – Hot Clip
- Bonnie Arnold, Carolyn Blackwood Among Santa Barbara’s Women In The Biz Panelists