Summit Entertainment has secured U.S. rights to Snitch, a drama based on a true story that stars Dwayne Johnson and is directed by Ric Roman Waugh. The script, by Justin Haythe and Waugh, is inspired by the Frontline documentary Snitch, which follows a suburban dad (Johnson) whose teen son is sentenced to 10 years under mandatory minimum drug laws. To reduce the sentence, the father goes undercover to catch a senior drug dealer. Exclusive Media is producing with Johnson and his producing partner Dany Garcia, as well as with Frontline‘s David Fanning. The film is being co-financed by Exclusive, Participant Media and Imagenation Abu Dhabi; Exclusive Film International is handing global sales at the Cannes market. Alliance Films already has taken rights in Canada, the UK and Spain.
CANNES: Summit Grabs Rights To Dwayne Johnson-Starring Thriller 'Snitch'
Trending Now on Deadline
Int'l Box Office Update: 'Guardians' Now 3rd Biggest Marvel Movie Ever; 'Dracula Untold', 'Gone Girl', 'Annabelle' Hold Well; Local Action In France, Mexico; More
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
Parents, Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized to Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
Box Office Weekend: 'Fury' Wins War With $23M+; 'Book Of Life,' $16.6M to $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M; 'Best Of Me' $10M+
More From Team
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers
- 'Simpsons World' Debuts Tomorrow
- Disney's 'Cinderella' & 'The Jungle Book' Head To Turner Networks
- 'Cabin Fever' Remake Invites Eli Roth Back Into House – AFM
- Bethenny Frankel Returning To 'The Real Housewives Of New York City' — Bravo Makes It Official
- Richard Gere Starrer 'Time Out Of Mind' Nabbed By IFC Films