Summit Entertainment has secured U.S. rights to Snitch, a drama based on a true story that stars Dwayne Johnson and is directed by Ric Roman Waugh. The script, by Justin Haythe and Waugh, is inspired by the Frontline documentary Snitch, which follows a suburban dad (Johnson) whose teen son is sentenced to 10 years under mandatory minimum drug laws. To reduce the sentence, the father goes undercover to catch a senior drug dealer. Exclusive Media is producing with Johnson and his producing partner Dany Garcia, as well as with Frontline‘s David Fanning. The film is being co-financed by Exclusive, Participant Media and Imagenation Abu Dhabi; Exclusive Film International is handing global sales at the Cannes market. Alliance Films already has taken rights in Canada, the UK and Spain.
CANNES: Summit Grabs Rights To Dwayne Johnson-Starring Thriller 'Snitch'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Stephen Dorff Will Put On ‘Leatherface’ For Millennium’s ‘Texas Chainsaw Massacre’ Prequel
- Broadway Will Dim Lights In Memory Of Director Gene Saks
- Bleecker Street Sets Amazon Deal
- Knopf Unveils ‘The Girl In The Spider’s Web’, Next Installment Of Stieg Larsson’s Millennium Series
- Rachel Weisz In Talks To Star Opposite Colin Firth In Donald Crowhurst Biopic
- Cannes In Focus On Femme Filmmakers; BAFTA Seeks Comedy Scripts: Global Briefs