Summit Entertainment has secured U.S. rights to Snitch, a drama based on a true story that stars Dwayne Johnson and is directed by Ric Roman Waugh. The script, by Justin Haythe and Waugh, is inspired by the Frontline documentary Snitch, which follows a suburban dad (Johnson) whose teen son is sentenced to 10 years under mandatory minimum drug laws. To reduce the sentence, the father goes undercover to catch a senior drug dealer. Exclusive Media is producing with Johnson and his producing partner Dany Garcia, as well as with Frontline‘s David Fanning. The film is being co-financed by Exclusive, Participant Media and Imagenation Abu Dhabi; Exclusive Film International is handing global sales at the Cannes market. Alliance Films already has taken rights in Canada, the UK and Spain.
CANNES: Summit Grabs Rights To Dwayne Johnson-Starring Thriller 'Snitch'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15.6M Opening Day; CinemaScore Dips To B+ - Update
'Quantico': Priyanka Chopra Among 4 Cast Members Returning For Season 3, Michael Seitzman Set As New Showrunner
Latest Film News
- Ron Howard Talks Han Solo Movie & ‘Star Wars’ Universe – Cannes Lions
- Jay Roth Fete: The Reason You Can’t Get A Hollywood Mogul On The Phone Tonight
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Donald Trump: “When Was The Last Time An Actor Assassinated A President?”
- Peter Bart: Are Fabulous Female Directors Limited By Tired Dude Genres?
- L.A. Film Fest Award Winners: ‘Becks’, ‘The Keeping Hours’ Among Honorees – Complete List
- ‘Superior Donuts’ Star Jermaine Fowler Cast In ‘Sorry To Bother You’