Summit Entertainment has secured U.S. rights to Snitch, a drama based on a true story that stars Dwayne Johnson and is directed by Ric Roman Waugh. The script, by Justin Haythe and Waugh, is inspired by the Frontline documentary Snitch, which follows a suburban dad (Johnson) whose teen son is sentenced to 10 years under mandatory minimum drug laws. To reduce the sentence, the father goes undercover to catch a senior drug dealer. Exclusive Media is producing with Johnson and his producing partner Dany Garcia, as well as with Frontline‘s David Fanning. The film is being co-financed by Exclusive, Participant Media and Imagenation Abu Dhabi; Exclusive Film International is handing global sales at the Cannes market. Alliance Films already has taken rights in Canada, the UK and Spain.
CANNES: Summit Grabs Rights To Dwayne Johnson-Starring Thriller 'Snitch'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Alice Through The Looking Glass' Review: Inventive Sequel Is A Worthwhile Trip Down The Rabbit Hole
Latest Film News
- Dwayne Johnson-Rawson Thurber China Action Pitch Stirs Big Bids
- Bernie Sanders Steps Up Attack On Disney Over Disneyland Wages
- Shawn Dunn Boards Original Force As CTO; Pamela Wolfe Named HR Executive VP At Starz
- Epix & Katie Couric Respond To Criticism Over Anti-Gun Docu Editing
- Dominic Bogart Storming ‘The Glass Castle’; Gregg Sulkin Joins Magical App Pic; ‘Battle Of The Sexes’ Courts…
- Al Gore, Paramount And Participant Celebrate Oscar Winner ‘An Inconvenient Truth’s’ 10th Anniversary