Being Elmo, the Sundance prize-winning documentary about the creator of the Sesame Street puppet and his behind-the-scenes beginnings on the iconic PBS children’s show, has landed multiple deals at the Cannes market, where it is being sold by Submarine Entertainment. The Constance Marks film, which will be released theatrically this year by Submarine to qualify for Oscar consideration, has been sold to New Video for DVD and digital rights (via its Docurama Films label) and ITVS & Independent Lens for the first TV window. Mongrel Media will release in Canada, and Madman Entertainment has sold to Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
CANNES: Submarine Scores 'Being Elmo'
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Asks Anderson Cooper How Corey Lewandowski Works For CNN While Still Getting Trump Money
Donald Trump Talks "Tunnel Technology" And Hillary Clinton As "Bigot" In Interview With Anderson Cooper
Veep Candidate Tim Kaine Dispatches Donald Trump Over Hillary 'Bigot' Remarks On Stephen Colbert's 'Late Show' – Update
Latest Film News
- President Obama Makes Virtual Reality Debut In National Parks Video
- Covert Media Launches Lexica Films For Foreign-Language Pics; First Project Is ‘Earthquake’
- Eli Roth Bringing Killer Clowns To Halloween Horror Nights 2016; Digital Genre Anthology Series ‘Dark/Web’ Coming From Felt…
- Sam Mendes In Talks To Develop & Direct Live-Action ‘James And The Giant Peach’
- Demi Moore Ready To ‘Rock That Body’ For Sony Comedy
- Construction Worker Killed On ‘Blade Runner’ Set In Hungary