Being Elmo, the Sundance prize-winning documentary about the creator of the Sesame Street puppet and his behind-the-scenes beginnings on the iconic PBS children’s show, has landed multiple deals at the Cannes market, where it is being sold by Submarine Entertainment. The Constance Marks film, which will be released theatrically this year by Submarine to qualify for Oscar consideration, has been sold to New Video for DVD and digital rights (via its Docurama Films label) and ITVS & Independent Lens for the first TV window. Mongrel Media will release in Canada, and Madman Entertainment has sold to Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
CANNES: Submarine Scores 'Being Elmo'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Rob Reiner, Woody Harrelson & Lawrence O’Donnell Talk ‘LBJ’ In The Trump Era
- Deadline’s The Contenders At Capacity; Long Waiting List For Award Season Kickoff Event
- VidAngel Files For Chapter 11 After Losing Legal Fight With Hollywood Studios
- ‘I Love You, Daddy’ Trailer: Louis C.K. Dark Comedy About Worried Dad Whose Teen Daughter Dates…
- ‘Where’s The Money’ Red Band Trailer: King Bach’s Gentrified Frat Comedy Gets Crazy And R-rated
- ‘Only The Brave’: The Incredible Story Of Heroism And The Serendipity That Propelled The Film About The Granite…