Being Elmo, the Sundance prize-winning documentary about the creator of the Sesame Street puppet and his behind-the-scenes beginnings on the iconic PBS children’s show, has landed multiple deals at the Cannes market, where it is being sold by Submarine Entertainment. The Constance Marks film, which will be released theatrically this year by Submarine to qualify for Oscar consideration, has been sold to New Video for DVD and digital rights (via its Docurama Films label) and ITVS & Independent Lens for the first TV window. Mongrel Media will release in Canada, and Madman Entertainment has sold to Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
CANNES: Submarine Scores 'Being Elmo'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Scott Pelley Anchors 'CBS Evening News' From Havana - Video
- 'Team America: World Police' Replaces 'The Interview' At Texas Theater
- Michael Roark Joins 'Wild For The Night'; Tina Casciani Cast In 'Bleed For This'
- Hollywood Hits Twitter To Vent Anger About 'The Interview' Being Pulled
- Judd Apatow On 'The Interview' Being Pulled: “Disgraceful”
- David Muir Asks Obama If He Will Visit Cuba In ABC News Exclusive - Video