Newcomer Sierra/Affinity announced today that it will rep international sales at Cannes for the dark comedic thriller Filth, based on the bestselling Irvine Welsh novel. The adaptation was penned by Jon S. Baird; Ken Marshall is producing via Steel Mill Pictures (London to Brighton). In the book, an Edinburgh police detective manipulates those around him to secure a promotion and win back his wife and daughter, hitting on themes of abuse of power and all things sleazy.
Cannes: Sierra/Affinity Takes On 'Filth'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest Film News
- ‘Dope’ Red Band Trailer: Still Lives Up To Its Name
- Director Cary Fukunaga No Longer With Stephen King’s ‘It’
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest