Newcomer Sierra/Affinity announced today that it will rep international sales at Cannes for the dark comedic thriller Filth, based on the bestselling Irvine Welsh novel. The adaptation was penned by Jon S. Baird; Ken Marshall is producing via Steel Mill Pictures (London to Brighton). In the book, an Edinburgh police detective manipulates those around him to secure a promotion and win back his wife and daughter, hitting on themes of abuse of power and all things sleazy.
Cannes: Sierra/Affinity Takes On 'Filth'
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters 'Barakah Meets Barakah' In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom's Second Submission Ever
Latest Film News
- Hollywood Rallies In Support Of Leslie Jones Following Hack
- Andrea Jaffe Dies: Former PR Powerhouse And Studio Exec Was 66
- Jeanne Martin Dies: Model & Second Wife Of Dean Martin Was 89
- FilmRise Acquires Domestic On ‘From Nowhere’; Freestyle Digital Celebrates ‘Dependent’s Day’
- IM Global China Launches New Venture, Go Global
- Jimmy O. Yang, Adria Arjona Join Melissa McCarthy’s ‘Life Of The Party’; Jeremy Renner To Lead ‘Arctic Justice…