Newcomer Sierra/Affinity announced today that it will rep international sales at Cannes for the dark comedic thriller Filth, based on the bestselling Irvine Welsh novel. The adaptation was penned by Jon S. Baird; Ken Marshall is producing via Steel Mill Pictures (London to Brighton). In the book, an Edinburgh police detective manipulates those around him to secure a promotion and win back his wife and daughter, hitting on themes of abuse of power and all things sleazy.
Cannes: Sierra/Affinity Takes On 'Filth'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Ben Foster Rounds Out Scott Cooper’s ‘Hostiles’ Cast As Shooting Starts
- John Leonetti To Direct Broad Green Horror Thriller ‘Wish Upon’
- Karen Gillan Lands Female Lead In Indie ‘All Creatures Here Below’
- ‘Split’ Trailer: James McAvoy Feeds The Beast And Many Others
- Pierce Brosnan’s ‘I.T.’ Acquired By RLJ Entertainment For September Bow
- ‘American Sniper’ Scribe Jason Hall Signs With UTA