Newcomer Sierra/Affinity announced today that it will rep international sales at Cannes for the dark comedic thriller Filth, based on the bestselling Irvine Welsh novel. The adaptation was penned by Jon S. Baird; Ken Marshall is producing via Steel Mill Pictures (London to Brighton). In the book, an Edinburgh police detective manipulates those around him to secure a promotion and win back his wife and daughter, hitting on themes of abuse of power and all things sleazy.
Cannes: Sierra/Affinity Takes On 'Filth'
What's Hot on Deadline
Natalie Portman, Nicholas Hoult & Thandie Newton Board Xavier Dolan's 'The Death And Life Of John F. Donovan' - Berlin
Latest Film News
- Oscar Bait Fassbender-Vikander Film ‘The Light Between Oceans’ Dated For Next Awards Season
- Johnny Depp To Star In ‘The Invisible Man’ At Universal
- ‘Fast 8’ Will Ride With A New Female Villain
- Natalie Portman, Nicholas Hoult & Thandie Newton Board Xavier Dolan’s ‘The Death And Life Of John F. Donovan…
- Disney Theatricals Sets Broadway Timeline For Fresh ‘Frozen’ Musical In 2018
- Paladin Nabs Dance Pic ‘High Strung’; FilmBuff Acquires Sister Dramedy ‘Jane Wants A Boyfriend’